“Clean and well presented” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Landgasthof Kohlpeter

Landgasthof Kohlpeter
Ranked #57 of 131 Hotels in Salzburg
Te Anau, New Zealand
“Clean and well presented”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed for two nights during a very wet period but managed to see alot of the sights within this timeframe. My room was well appointed, clean and great for just me, although it was hot, with no aircon, I had to make do with the fan which wasn't very good at curculation the air. The lady at reception although it was her first day she was super nice and couldn't do enough for me, maybe her boss the guy with the glasses should take a leaf out of her book and maybe learn how to be a good host and be a bit more friendly. I felt like I ruined his day simply for him having to get out of his seat to book me in to the hotel.

I went to the resturant but as soon as I opened the door a huge waft of cigerette smoke blew at me, so decided to spend my money elsewhere.

Would I stay again, yes as the room was tidy. Lcation, a bit of a walk from the train station but not a biggie. Buses easy to manage once you get a hang of it.
Tip!! Buy a Salzburg Card.....well worth it if your cramming heaps, oh and do go to the Stiegl Brewery tour, awesome, plus beer sampling

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ginga40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hamilton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

This inn is situated in a quiet residential neighbourhood. There is lots of free parking available. Take advantage of breakfast as it has a vast array of food to enjoy, from hard cooked eggs to yoghurt to delicious fruits and of course the delicious buns meats, cheeses AND cereals...etc.
It was relaxing to take the number four bus just up the street into downtown Salzburg. We did not have to worry about finding the rare parking spots or returning to pay more euros for our parking.
The very appreciated amenity was the elevator! It was wonderful to have a reprieve from pulling luggage up the stairs.
The inn does have an indoor restaurant but everyone who dined enjoyed the garden patio. The food is very good and the testament is the number of folks who came to dine and the groups that held their meeting in the garden.
The room was spacious and very clean with lots of windows. The bathroom was bright and very modern with a beautiful shower. Towels were large and fluffy.
My husband and I were very happy with our stay at Kohlpeter.

Room Tip: our room looked over the restaurant patio and the street. There was not a noise issue for us as pat...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shirleyhamilton
Traralgon South, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Booked online after reading reviews
Stayed for 3 nights and had meals at restaurant each night.requested quiet room and was given room that overlooked outside eating area.as it was hot the days we stayed and no air con in rooms had to have windows open to try to cool room so it was very noisy each night.the last night finally went quiet at 12.30 am.only one person was helpful and asked how we were going during our stay.we wanted to experience locals and were quite disappointed on the way we were received. Note if you are staying here in hotter weather there is no air con so the rooms are very hot! The fan provided does nothing!rooms are clean and in good condition.meals at restaurant are average although the locals seem to like them.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pieter v
Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We (me and my 2 teenage daughters) stayed 2 nights here on our way from Lux to SK. We had a triple room. Plenty of space, comfortable beds, plenty of towels, good shower, decent WIFI.

The hotel is not in the center, but we had our car, so it didn't matter. Plenty of free parking. Yes, maybe someday I will stay at the Hotel Sacher, but I didn't feel like spending that kind of money. This was JUST FINE.

I especially liked the restaurant, although we didn't realize there was a non-smoking section until our last night. If you want non-smoking, ask. Lots of nice local dishes (I think my kids ate schnitzel every time).

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were over the beer garden and did hear some restaurant guest noise (although once it was two wome...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TheExpatresse
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This nice family style hotel was a great surprise. There you will find a welcoming staff, with large rooms located a little outside the city, but away from the tourist buzz, in order to allow you to interact with a small and quiet place where the locals actually live and go.

The restaurant attached to the hotel is quite an experience. Besides the exquisite food and friendly staff, the place at night has local costumers, bringing their happiness, sometimes singing, really a very unique experience if you want to share moments with the Austrians.
We loved it !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mauricio M
Sydney, Aust
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Good sized bedroom & foyer area in room - which was great for storing luggage. Large bathroom, great water pressure in shower. Very comfortable beds. The range of food for breakfast was excellent. We got soaked when caught out in a storm and found the foyer area was great to hang our clothes in with the fan going to dry our clothes. The only reason this hotel didn't get an 'excellent' rating is because of their reception set-up. I would suggest they re-arrange the reception area so staff can see customers approaching the desk. As it is now, the staff has their back to you if they are working at their desk/computer. On the two occasions I had to go to reception, I was ignored and left to stand there as staff were too busy working and didn't see or hear me approaching the desk.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sue H
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a 10/15 minute bus journey to get the hotel, and fortunately the bus driver knew exactly where it was because we didn't have very clear directions, but it was well worth it! The hotel is on a quiet road in a lovely residential area and has the nice, cosy 'feel' of the family run hotel it is. Our room was huge, with really comfy beds and a huge bathroom, and was spotlessly clean. We had a lovely breakfast, with lots of choice, in a lovely sunny room decorated in an Austrian style with a lot of personal touches. The highlight of our stay though was the help we received from the lady who I think owned the hotel when, on the Sunday, we discovered that we had lost our tickets for our next day of travel. When we couldn't phone Deutsche Bahn UK, because we had no signal on our mobile, we went to her in a complete state of panic and she was great! In the middle of a family party for her Dad's birthday she persisted in trying to get through to someone at DB who could help us and never once made us feel uncomfortable about it. Also, besides the restaurant at the hotel it is only a 15 minute walk to a nice restaurant in the next village. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family