All reviews great location old building the river pedestrian street historic hotel family run hotel across the bridge no air conditioning lovely hotel roof terrace short walk your luggage close to the hotel stayed for nights excellent breakfast visited salzburg old world charm
Selected filters
Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

My husband’s family and I stayed for an overnight in this wonderful hotel and I still can’t stop thinking about it. The hotel is full of history, charm, and the staff make it so fun and comfortable. We really enjoyed the wine bar, breakfast buffet, and heated floors in the bathroom were a plus!

I also wanted to mention that we were having trouble ordering a taxi to the train station on our way out and the owner of the hotel offered to drive us there out of pure kindness so we wouldn’t miss our train back to Vienna.

Will recommend again and again and would love to come back one day!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank victoriasn90
Reviewed December 16, 2019

We really enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel. It has a lot of character as you would expect in the old part of Salzburg. However, it also has all the modern conveniences you require. The rooms were comfortable and spacious enough. The breakfast was great as you could order an omelette. While the rooms did not have tea and coffee making facilities you could go down and help yourself to a cup and ask staff for milk as well. The dinner was also very good. The location is terrific as it is a short stroll to two of the bridges to the other side of the beautiful city of Salzburg. We also found the staff to be exceptionally helpful and friendly.

2  Thank Tuppence1005
Reviewed December 8, 2019

Stayed for 3 nights last week with my wife to sample the Christmas markets and take in the sights of Salzburg. This hotel is very well-located being just a few minutes walk from all the attractions, restaurants, wine bars etc..
All members of staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome.
The hotel is very old and full of character and not being very big it meant that each guest was appreciated and not just one of many. The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable, though coffee and tea in the room would have been useful.
Breakfast was good with plenty of choice in a pleasant dining room.
Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Jon S
Reviewed December 7, 2019

The boutique hotel is well located at about 10-minute pleasant walk to the main Christmas market, 5 minutes from Mozart's house, etc.

The rooms are spacious and clean (I've never stayed in an Austrian hotel that did not have clean rooms), the building layout is quirky, as it has 14th century origins, and the breakfast is good-quality typical Austrian fare (perhaps a cut above the rest).

Given the building, there are quite a few stairs, small elevator, etc., which is to be expected. The rooms were nice, but fairly basic in terms of amenities--no coffee/tea making facilities (surprising), shampoo and soaps in big dispensers rather than individual packets (which I loathe, because I don't want to use the same body wash for my body as my hair). Beds were comfortable but a little spartan in terms of soft furnishings and such. I would probably consider this more of an outstanding 3 star hotel, than a 4 star, at least in my experience (and I've stayed at far too many hotels around the world).

Despite the hotel's central location, our room was wonderfully quiet.

Be aware that the front desk is not 24 hours (not an issue for us but maybe for some), and there is no bellman to assist with the luggage.

The person at the reception was not especially warm, and the handy sheet he gave us comparing events of our presumed home country to the hotel's history was condescending (even if well-intentioned). We were not there to make friends, so this was not an issue for us, but I can understand how some of the other reviewers might have been offended.

We did not eat at the restaurant for dinner. The breakfast was the standard Austrian fare but to a higher caliber.

I would gladly stay again.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room. Take advantage of the breakfast. No tea/coffee making facilities. Be aware that the front desk is not 24 hours.
Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Life T
Reviewed November 19, 2019 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable. The location is great, just across the bridge from the old town. Great breakfast selection in the morning. The best part was the staff who were all very friendly. The man who checked me in had several suggestions of thing for me to do and they were great suggestions. There wasn't much view to speak of, but I never planned on staying in the room long so this wasn't a problem. I would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2019