All reviewsriviera travelgreat locationold buildingelevator doorsthe riverpedestrian areamade to order eggshistoric hotelhotel ownersparking garage isfamily run hotelpedestrianised streetlovely hoteltour groupmodern bathroomrestaurants and barsyour luggage
Reviewed October 11, 2017

I spent three nights here while visiting Salzburg. The hotel is unique and charming; definitely a local gem and not a boxy brand-name chain. (Exactly what I look for when I travel for leisure.) As an English speaking guest, I had no challenges communicating with the staff - everyone spoke English and was friendly and helpful.

My room was on the fourth/top floor - the hotel has both twisty stairs and a convenient elevator. The walls are extremely solid - no complaints about traveling noise. The room and bathroom were a decent size, especially by European standards, and there was a large wardrobe for storage. The wifi was a little sluggish but it was enough for what I needed.

The breakfast selection was pretty extensive - pastries, veggies, cold cuts and cereal/granola available at the buffet as well as made to order eggs, bacon, sausage and more.

The hotel is located within a pedestrian area just outside the Salzburg Old Town - many shops, restaurants and (quiet) bars just outside the door. It's also an easy walk into the Old Town - literally about five minutes away on the other side of the Salzach river. It's only a few steps away from the public bus drop off, if you take the train into Salzburg, and it's also walking distance to Mirabelplatz which is the staging area for many group tours/day trips.

I had absolutely no complaints about this hotel or my experience here - I'd definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Fourth floor had the fewest rooms and a nice view out the window. Also, access on this floor to the outdoor garden/dining area.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank sbraddock
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely old hotel in a perfect location. It's a short walk across the river to lovely shopping, and there are lots of very good restaurants close by.

The breakfasts were very good and the beds comfortable. There was no noise from outside.

I wouldn't really call this a four star hotel though. We had a double bedroom without a view, which was quite spacious for Europe, but the shower was very small and there is no air con. Our room was very hot even with the window open at night. I imagine it could be very hot in the summer. There were no toiletries provided in the bathrooms except for soap pump dispensers.

Another time, I would look on the other side of the river, but I suspect prices may be dearer there?

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TraceyT_11
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed for 2 nights and had the best time. The rooms are well furnished with everything you need. Chris at the front desk was most helpful at check in and with suggestions of things to see. The only bad part is we wished we could have stayed longer!! Would definitely recommend and will stay here again in the future!!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff on the desk, very welcoming and helpful.
The room was hot as no air con in our room and just a small fan in room. My partner and I found it hard to sleep at night. Great location, right in Main Street on the "quieter" side of the river.
Break fast was generous....plenty of options.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2017

I love this hotel. My room was large, with three windows overlooking the pedestrian street. The staff at the front desk, the breakfast buffet and the cleaning crew were the most helpful hotel staff I have ever encountered. The hotel is located in a convenient spot, not far from the river, and right against the mountain. I cannot see any way this hotel could be improved.

Room Tip: My room offered a nice view of the street, but also meant a fair amount of noise as delivery trucks arrived in the early morning hours.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo