All reviews old town narrow streets excellent location mozart platz within walking distance noise from the street historic hotel no air conditioning hohensalzburg fortress christmas market breakfast was excellent breakfast staff central location major attractions pedestrian zone three nights small room
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is in the centre an very close to famous Salzburg Castle.
The staff was helpful however I was placed in a room at the building just opposite to the Hotel.It was like a abnb experience therefore. Even front officer could not describe me the true room with true number. Cleanness was not perfect. I give 2 points because of the good intention of staff.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2019

We stayed at this hotel for three nights, and we found it quite enjoyable. The hotel is connected to a cinema and it has been open for hundreds of years (obviously, it has been remodelled and updated). The room was cozy, but the fact that our room window was literally next to the patio restaurant troubled me a bit. Most of the reception staff and dining room staff is friendly. However, the housekeeper is a bit rude. The location is impeccable, right in the centre of the city, close to everything.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

We only stayed for one night so not much time to experience the hotel. The room was lovely. I loved the antique furniture, allthough the bed frame itself could use an update because it was a bit noisy. To the point it would wake us up when we turned in our sleep. The staff was friendly enough but seemed a bit exhausted by the big tourist flow in Salzburg wich made me feel a bit of a nuisance. The breakfast is very classic - oldskool Austrian style. I would advise some refridgerated plateaus for the meats and cheeses and to change the color of lighting over the food. At the moment it gave this particular part of the room a greyish look wich made the food seem unapatizing, wich it was definitely not :-) Overall enjoyed ourselfs! Location is perfect.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 3, 2019

Position is perfect, Staff is very welcome and helpful, Service Desk is working properly and indication for Parking are enough clear and satisfactory.

The Room I had was actually really not at a level for a 4*.
Floor was tickling at any kind of minimal movements, window practically null, with a very poor detailed curtain. Moreover with so little and thin glass that with the storm we had that night was like to be outside. Not acceptable.

Not even a bottle of water in the room, despite glass were present, very small tv, and very wild toilet with practically nothing.

Frankly speaking I believe I've been given the latest poor and terrible room of the Hotel since I hope rest of the hotel was fine.

Breakfast is acceptable.

Many Improvements to do. For me this is a 3 Star maximum thanks to the Position and the Parking, rest definetely need to be better.

Room tip: From A Superior Upward, maybe...
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2019

The rooms don't have air conditioning so it gets REALLY hot in the rooms. If you open the window you will be woken around 6 by all the delivery trucks that park outside in the street.
Also, we had a problem with our booking. We booked very early and everything was confirmed. When we arrived we were told that they no longer had a family room so we were given 2 separate rooms. Not ideal at all when travelling with children. We kept having to run between the rooms when we needed to talk to each other and share toiletries etc.. The hotel did not really see the problem with this. had we known this beforehand we would have cancelled the booking.
The cleanliness of the rooms was not great either and the towels provided were VERY old and falling to pieces. And we were not provided with enough big towels.
Breakfast was not the best experience either.
Location is great and good that they have parking.

Date of stay: July 2019