This is a lovely, characterful hotel in a great, central location. The breakfast was varied and plentiful and the staff friendly. Our room was comfortable and clean but exceptionally small and really not suitable for two people sharing. To get to the bedroom, you had to pass through the bathroom and there was no space for two people to pass between the twin beds. Privacy in the shower was afforded by a frosted glass door which could be pulled across to separate it from the bedroom and there were no surfaces to keep toiletries so we had to live out of our bags. There was no table lamp so you had to get out of bed again to switch out the lights and, although there was a price list for a mini bar, there were no drinks at all in the room. For a short break, it was adequate and we saw a couple of other rooms which were much more spacious so I would recommend the hotel, but not room 214!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from 45 individual, stylishly appointed rooms and suites and indulge in the luxury of staying right at the centre of the cultural capital of Austria, Salzburg. Experience cordial hospitality and the unique atmosphere and feel at home in the cosy rooms decorated with great care. Although the Salzburg hotel lies at the heart of the World Heritage Site in the city of Mozart it is still accessible by car. It’s the only hotel in the historic center of Salzburg with an own car parking. The extensive breakfast buffet leaves no breakfast wishes unfulfilled. Experience a marvellous breakfast on the hotel’s terrace in summer. Recharge your batteries after an exciting sightseeing tour at an oasis of relaxation. A sauna and a quiet room are waiting for you at the wellness area. Why not treat yourself to a soothing Ayurvedic massage during your stay? The charming Salzburg hotel could very well be the star of a film. Romy Schneider, the actress of the widely known ‘Sissi’ films once stayed at the picturesque Hotel Kasererbraeu. The locals gathered at the hotel’s own cinema in great crowds to watch the premiere of ‘Sissi’. The Mozartkino Cinema is one of the oldest cinemas in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Altstadthotel Kasererbraeu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altstadthotel Kaisererbraeu Hotel Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Hotel Salzburg