We loved waking up in the morning and swinging open the window to see a view of the fortress above us and hearing the clock tower down the street. The shower was nice and hot with great water pressure and a blow drier was provided. While it should have been non-smoking, the room did smell a bit of smoke, but it was comfortable. We enjoyed the little touch of gummy bears on our pillows and absolutely loved the delicious breakfast of breads, cheeses, veggies, eggs/sausage, sweet bread, tomato/mozzarella, and juice! We were there during the big flood (June '13) and the concierge was extremely helpful calling around to help us find out if any roads were open so we could drive to Hallstatt as we had planned (all were closed). Also, there is parking provided for the guest (a rarity!) across the street which is very convenient if you have a car. We appreciated the close proximity of our hotel to the charming old town of Salzburg and would stay there again on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from 45 individual, stylishly appointed rooms and suites and indulge in the luxury of staying right at the centre of the cultural capital of Austria, Salzburg. Experience cordial hospitality and the unique atmosphere and feel at home in the cosy rooms decorated with great care. Although the Salzburg hotel lies at the heart of the World Heritage Site in the city of Mozart it is still accessible by car. It’s the only hotel in the historic center of Salzburg with an own car parking. The extensive breakfast buffet leaves no breakfast wishes unfulfilled. Experience a marvellous breakfast on the hotel’s terrace in summer. Recharge your batteries after an exciting sightseeing tour at an oasis of relaxation. A sauna and a quiet room are waiting for you at the wellness area. Why not treat yourself to a soothing Ayurvedic massage during your stay? The charming Salzburg hotel could very well be the star of a film. Romy Schneider, the actress of the widely known ‘Sissi’ films once stayed at the picturesque Hotel Kasererbraeu. The locals gathered at the hotel’s own cinema in great crowds to watch the premiere of ‘Sissi’. The Mozartkino Cinema is one of the oldest cinemas in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Altstadthotel Kasererbraeu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altstadthotel Kaisererbraeu Hotel Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Hotel Salzburg