The views on Trip Advisor are generally favourable on this hotel, so I was looking forward to my stay with my family. I had misgivings from the moment I entered the lobby - a hotel that has bags of popcorn available to purchase next to the check in desk? We had reserved the family room at the top of the building, and while I could see from the photos that the furnishings were modern I had opted for it on the basis of the convenience of having everyone together. What a mistake! The room was sorely in need of redecoration with the paintwork really marked, 1970s style woodflooring and well worn stairs to the kids beds upstairs. The small window at ceiling height made it feel somewhat like a prison (!) it was also considerably smaller than it appeared from the photos. The hotel has the advantage of being close to the main attractions, but nothing in Salzburg isvery far away. I understand from other reviews that therooms in this hotelaee of very varying sizes and decor, but I would not recommend the 4th floor family 'suites'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from 45 individual, stylishly appointed rooms and suites and indulge in the luxury of staying right at the centre of the cultural capital of Austria, Salzburg. Experience cordial hospitality and the unique atmosphere and feel at home in the cosy rooms decorated with great care. Although the Salzburg hotel lies at the heart of the World Heritage Site in the city of Mozart it is still accessible by car. It’s the only hotel in the historic center of Salzburg with an own car parking. The extensive breakfast buffet leaves no breakfast wishes unfulfilled. Experience a marvellous breakfast on the hotel’s terrace in summer. Recharge your batteries after an exciting sightseeing tour at an oasis of relaxation. A sauna and a quiet room are waiting for you at the wellness area. Why not treat yourself to a soothing Ayurvedic massage during your stay? The charming Salzburg hotel could very well be the star of a film. Romy Schneider, the actress of the widely known ‘Sissi’ films once stayed at the picturesque Hotel Kasererbraeu. The locals gathered at the hotel’s own cinema in great crowds to watch the premiere of ‘Sissi’. The Mozartkino Cinema is one of the oldest cinemas in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Altstadthotel Kasererbraeu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altstadthotel Kaisererbraeu Hotel Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Hotel Salzburg