We spent 5 nights here over New Year 2012/3. It was chosen for it's location in the Old Town.We were expecting to have two small/tiny single rooms but instead found we had been allocated much two larger twin rooms, this was appreciated greatly.
From our check in we had excellent service - reception staff were always pleasant and helpful; the rooming cleaning was good; and the breakfast staff efficient. The rooms were a mix of old Austrian and modern furniture, comfortable and clean. Only complaint would be the location of the TV in one room, but we didn't come to Salzburg to watch TV! Breakfast which was included in the tariff, was a great range of food that would have met most people's requirements. Ate in the Italian Restaurant that was located in the hotel the first night and enjoyed it so much we returned on another night.
Even though this was the most expensive hotel/pension we utilised on a 5 week trip in Central Europe, we felt it was worth the cost due to location and the fact the New Year period was extremely busy in Salzburg. Would certainly stay here again if I return to Salzburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from 45 individual, stylishly appointed rooms and suites and indulge in the luxury of staying right at the centre of the cultural capital of Austria, Salzburg. Experience cordial hospitality and the unique atmosphere and feel at home in the cosy rooms decorated with great care. Although the Salzburg hotel lies at the heart of the World Heritage Site in the city of Mozart it is still accessible by car. It’s the only hotel in the historic center of Salzburg with an own car parking. The extensive breakfast buffet leaves no breakfast wishes unfulfilled. Experience a marvellous breakfast on the hotel’s terrace in summer. Recharge your batteries after an exciting sightseeing tour at an oasis of relaxation. A sauna and a quiet room are waiting for you at the wellness area. Why not treat yourself to a soothing Ayurvedic massage during your stay? The charming Salzburg hotel could very well be the star of a film. Romy Schneider, the actress of the widely known ‘Sissi’ films once stayed at the picturesque Hotel Kasererbraeu. The locals gathered at the hotel’s own cinema in great crowds to watch the premiere of ‘Sissi’. The Mozartkino Cinema is one of the oldest cinemas in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Altstadthotel Kasererbraeu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altstadthotel Kaisererbraeu Hotel Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Hotel Salzburg