We are a younger couple and we stayed here for 3 nights on our 3-week trip to Europe in July. We really enjoyed the location. It's in old town, next to several great restaurants and next to all of the main churches in Salzburg. The location is great.
The e-bikes we rented were also amazing! We loved that we could do that. It really made our stay so much enjoyable.
The breakfast was great, but there are only two workers and so the food seemed to always run out (though they would replenish it). There was always a line for coffee and it was a bit crowded. The spread was fantastic though.
The hotel has a nice spa, with sauna/massage/steam room but I don't think it's really "up and running" during the Summer season. It was deserted when I was there (I used the sauna) and it looked like it hadn't been used for months.
I think this hotel would be PERFECT if you are planning a ski/winter vacation in Salzburg, especially if you have a family (they have some cool loft rooms I saw), but for a young couple in the summer, it wasn't the best hotel choice for us. Rooms were nice and big, but the bed had a lip over it, so you couldn't sit up in bed, unless you had 2-3 pillows behind you. Yes, a small nitpick thing, but really annoying when you want to work on your computer/iPad in bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from 45 individual, stylishly appointed rooms and suites and indulge in the luxury of staying right at the centre of the cultural capital of Austria, Salzburg. Experience cordial hospitality and the unique atmosphere and feel at home in the cosy rooms decorated with great care. Although the Salzburg hotel lies at the heart of the World Heritage Site in the city of Mozart it is still accessible by car. It’s the only hotel in the historic center of Salzburg with an own car parking. The extensive breakfast buffet leaves no breakfast wishes unfulfilled. Experience a marvellous breakfast on the hotel’s terrace in summer. Recharge your batteries after an exciting sightseeing tour at an oasis of relaxation. A sauna and a quiet room are waiting for you at the wellness area. Why not treat yourself to a soothing Ayurvedic massage during your stay? The charming Salzburg hotel could very well be the star of a film. Romy Schneider, the actress of the widely known ‘Sissi’ films once stayed at the picturesque Hotel Kasererbraeu. The locals gathered at the hotel’s own cinema in great crowds to watch the premiere of ‘Sissi’. The Mozartkino Cinema is one of the oldest cinemas in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Altstadthotel Kasererbraeu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altstadthotel Kaisererbraeu Hotel Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Hotel Salzburg