Berglandhotel Salzburg
$165
$115
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Der Salzburger Hof(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
$112
$205
$199
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townminute walkeuro breakfastwalking distancenice showerquiet locationvery nice stayjunior suitetrain stationbook toursbig bathroomwould stay againflat screen tvshort staynice breakfaststar hotelvery nice hotel
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is just what we needed! We stayed in Salzburg a little less than 24 hours and picked this hotel to stay at.
We arrived around 2pm and were greeted by the owner (who also lives in the hotel), a charming lady who gave us tips on what to do downtown and helped us book the Sound of Music tour for the next morning.

As an added bonus they gave us the Sound of Music room (#108) which had beautiful hand painted furniture. The room is big, clean and spacious. The only problem we had was with the shower: the door didn't close all the way and it flooded the bathroom floor :-(

The hotel is not downtown, you must walk for about 15 minutes to get to the center but the streets are nice and during the time we went the weather was lovely so we didn't mind.

The other thing that was extremely useful for us is that parking was free in front of the hotel.

They had free wifi for guests, connectivity was good.

This hotel doesn't have a restaurant but they do include a buffet breakfast which was just what we needed. We would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fantastic hotel in the quieter part of Salzburg. It is over a 100 years old and run by the same family, but they have ensured that the amenities and facilities are more than modern. We stayed in the Junior suite and it was very large and well appointed. There were a number of books and magazines also in the room which was very helpful. The breakfast was more than sufficient, but it would be nice if they were to include egg dishes as well. It is about 7-8 mins walk from the old city so quite well located. It was raining and cold when we were there so we did not find the need for an air conditioner, but I would guess on a hot summer day this would be quite uncomfortable, but having said that most hotels in Salzburg dont have air conditioning

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Absolutely loved staying at Bergland Hotel. Just a short walk from the old city of Salzburg, but because it set away from the busy areas it's nice & quiet. The owners and staff are just wonderful - helpful with sightseeing & dining tips or even just a nice chat. They really made me feel welcome & comfortable at every turn. Breakfast is traditional - buffet style. Always included fresh fruit & delicious breads. I will definitely stay here again next time I find myself in Salzburg and will recommend it to anyone I know who is planning a visit. Completely wonderful

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I rely heavily on TripAdvisor reviews whenever we travel to Europe (France, UK, Germany, Italy etc etc) and like many, I am sure, I am often puzzled by the extreme range of opinions. I mean, in the end, who do you believe?

Sometimes I am left wondering if the two reviewers even stayed in the same hotel or B&B.

Anyway, my wife and I stayed at the Bergland Hotel for 3 days recently and it was excellent. I was worried from reading a couple of reviews that the hotel was far removed from the downtown/old city .... so imagine my shock when we walked downtown in 5 or 6 minutes!!!!

Hello .... too far from the downtown?!?!? You couldn't find a B&B that was much closer! Who writes these things any way?!?!

The room was more than large enough for my wife and I with a super clean and large bathroom/shower. And the breakfast was perfect with a great selection of items.

The only thing I might worry about is the lack of air conditioning in much of Europe. We stayed here in early June, when the temperatures were mid- to low 20s C or low to mid 70s. With the windows closed it started feeling warm at night. No problem, right now, but in the heat of summer I can see that it could be a bit of an issue.

All in all, though - we were extremely happy with out stay here.

And we found Peter (the owner) at the desk each morning and the other lady who worked there during the afternoon shift to be extremely pleasant. Ditto the staff in the breakfast/eating area in the morning. They were a delight!

I'd certainly stay here again and recommend it to all my friends!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed one night in the bergland hotel in Salzburg. The hotel was lovely, very clean and the staff were very friendly and very helpful. The hotel is a small family run hotel and full of lovely charm as well as being very clean and modern. The bedroom we stayed in was a great size with a powerful shower!!! Breakfast in the morning was continental style with lots on offer from breads cereals fresh fruit etc plenty of variety. The hotel is in a quieter part of town but well within walking distance of all the tourist places in Salzburg. The hotel staff were great at showing us on a map where everything was to ensure we got our bearings. Very pleasant stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple