“Great location, price in otherwise pricey Salzburg” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Wolf-Dietrich

Hotel Wolf-Dietrich
Ranked #17 of 138 Hotels in Salzburg
Marietta, Georgia
“Great location, price in otherwise pricey Salzburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

If you appreciate the amenities a proper four-star city hotel offers, this is the place! Well located yet quiet (except for some daytime work on installin g an elevator in the annex across the street) the Wlf Dietrich is worth every Euro (we paid E120 per night for a triple) The only MINOR annoyance was a toliet location blocking the bathroom door...ouch if you don't lock the door! Bigscreen TV offers DVD which they offer you no charge at the desk. Pool and sauna were superb, very rare for a city center hotel. The strudel and coffe between 2:30 and 4pm (approx. times) are an added bonus, as are the english language newspapers and magazines. The tall young bellhop gladly toted our suitcases up three flights (again the annex WILL have a lift by spring 2012!) but the three flights of stairs we travelled were a nice little exercise to work off some of the sumptous breakfast foods we enjoyed!

Room Tip: for Aircon and lift the annex will be prepared by spring 2012
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jimwentzell2016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Portsmouth, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Hotel was lovely, the staff were fantastic, and every restaurant they reccomended was amazing. The rooms were brilliant - and the three rooms we requested were all next to each other, whcih made it very easy for running between the rooms and leaving the doors open. The location is great . The breakfast buffet in the morning is extensive. The only down side is most of the rooms are in a separate building across the road, that in itself is no issue, but there is no lift in this building - although the hotel staff assured us a lift was getting installed in early 2012 - well that would make it Mary Poppins.... Practically perfect in every way!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I found this little gem on the internet and from the outset I had a good feeling about it. I was not disappointed... the location is perfect, the staff extremely helpful, the breakfast buffet lovely and our suite was magical. We chose to have a romantic Christmas vacation and the Magic Flute Suite at the Wolf Dietrich was our base. When I contacted the hotel the personal service was spot on and the front office staff were knowledgeable, friendly, polite and very helpful, especially Jorg. Our suite was on the third floor overlooking the street and upon entering we were met by romantic rose petals on the bed and in the bathroom, red roses, chocolates and a fresh fruit platter. The bed was very comfortable and the linen and pillows of a high standard. The lighting is romantic and can be adjusted to suit your mood, there are twinkling stars on the bathroom ceiling and the curtains close with the flick of a switch. The bathroom has a Victorian bath with hand held shower, so if you are looking for a typical American shower, this is not it. Actually, without going into detail, it all added to the romance of bath time! If I had to say one negative thing about the room it would be that there are no private coffee making facilities but it did not really bother us. I have been to Salzburg in the summer as well as the winter and it was magical both times. The highlight of our Christmas was the Sleigh Ride which the hotel organised for us, it was a real fairy tale crispy white Christmas which I would highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We had the Magic Flute Suite on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building, extremely romantic :o)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I actually visited Salzburg a few years ago and had walked by this hotel a few times. I always thought it would be a great place to come back to. I was right. I stayed there over christmas 2011 for 10 days. The accomodations were comfy, clean and cosy. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh and the afternoon teas a real treat.
It was a perfect location to easily get around town with many great places to eat nearby. It also provided quick easy access to both the rail station and airport and public transit.
The staff were courteous and proffessional. Alfred and Jorg were extremely helpful with reservations and quick with any information I needed with Jorg helping me out before I even I arrived. My stay was beyond my expectations and I would not hesitate to stay there again myself or recomend it to others.

• Stayed December 2011
Lynchburg, VA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I've been coming to the Wolf-Dietrich for the week of Christmas since 2006. And what a gem I've discovered. Each year, a new facet of this diamond of a hotel displays itself. Today -- Chrismtas Eve -- I returned to my room to find the front desk attendants had left a Christmas present and a huge plate of traditional Austrian cookies for me. In the past, they've arranged tickets and shows for me!! What a surprise and how touching.

This is why I tell people Salzburg and the Wolf-Dietrich are home at the holidays -- my parents are long gone, and this heart-warming hotel are now home and family to me.

Room Tip: Always request a room in the Altztadthotel. It's the main building and has an elevator.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jla3bc
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times. Great location, within easy walking distance of the Christmas markets and the main shopping areas. Breakfasts are good.

The room we had on this stay, whilst advertised as a superior room was a bit on the small side and generally tired looking. My son and daughter in law's room however was what we'd usually expect from this hotel. All in all we had a great time in Salzburg and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Korky7
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

My wife and I took a weekend trip to Salzburg and stayed at the Hotel Wolf Dietrich. We were given a room in their annex across the street, however, it was very accomodating and nicely decorated. There is no elevator, but they will bring the bags to your room. Parking is about 2 blocks away, but was secure and no issues. Afternoon tea and pastries are complimentary. Hotel is directly across the river from the old part of town and fortress. Well within walking distance to main attractions (fully walkable if you have children that are more than 6 or 7 years old). Would recommend the hotel for the value and location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple