All reviews train station the river family run hotel minute walk main station old town hotel owner walkable distance salzburg area traditional hotel bit dated buffet breakfast salzburg hbf free wifi lovely city yogurt mirabell gardens
Reviewed November 1, 2015

The owners very quickly knew each of our large party by name and knew their tastes . For instance Madame knew that I wanted a white wine before dinner(during the happy hour only 2 Euros) and large amount of coffee at breakfast. It was quiet, central and very very friendly

1  Thank lynnemonck
Reviewed October 31, 2015

No more than 5 minutes walk from the train station, easy to find. Walk to tourist sites with lots of scenery. Breakfast was good with cold food would have been better to include a couple of hot items. Staff friendly.

1  Thank Rolia2015Oct
Reviewed October 15, 2015

Linda and Andreas are very welcoming. The hotel is located less than a ten minute walk from the Railway station and trolleybus interchange. All the rooms are individual and the ensuite facilities excellent with plenty of hot water.

Reviewed September 28, 2015

Stay here for one night after i returned back from Vienna And Innsbrook , The Hotel is almost like walking into your Apartment,,,love warm decor,,And My room was a double slept so well in my double bed,,,bathroom was large with lovely shower ,,,Very very clean all around,,,Breakfast was also good something for every one, And they bring you a fresh pot of coffee and the lady asked if i needed another which i gladly excepted,as it was so good,also its close to the main railway station ,which was good for me as i traveled all the places by train,,,and 20 mins walk to old town, But most of all the Couple and their son was always smiling and also so chatty which i am my self, So thanks to you all their and hope to visit again as Salzburg is so so charming LOL from me Patrick [Ireland ] Man !!!!!

Room Tip: I had one to the front,,though it would be noisy, but not as they excellent double glazing,i am a light sleeper but slept so well
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2015

When I arrived at the hotel, my first impression was how genuinely warm the owner was, as she made me feel very welcome. She gave me a tear-off map of the locality which helped me get my bearings. The hotel isn't a modern building, but I like that, since it has bucket loads of character.

I only stayed for one night but that night was very comfortable in a modern, spotless room, with a nice firm mattress (my preference). Wi-Fi was accessible from my room, and of good speed. There was a quirky lift/elevator in the building, and I saw baggage stored in the perpetually staffed lobby. I believe a night porter takes over at a certain time.

The breakfast spread was lovely, with different breads and cheeses and cold meats, as well as the usual cereals. Also, (picking-up on the fact that I was British) they asked if I wanted tea with milk, which again hints at the 'making you feel at home' vibe.

The proximity to the rail station and adjacent bus station was superb, being just a 6 or 7 minute roll of the suitcase. Mirabellplatz is again just a short walk down the road, it's a church square with the occasional market, and you can also get tours from there. If you care to walk further, the Old Town is just a little further on, after crossing the river.

The only trivial observations I have of the hotel was that the extractor vent in the bathroom could have been cleaned, and there was no hot drink facilities in the room (no real problem since I enjoyed a couple of ice-cold Stiegl Weisse's in the hotel's Baroque room during happy hour!).

Should I return to Salzburg in the future, this hotel would be my first choice.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo