I will limit my comments to the negatives expressed by others:
1) No air conditioning - The weather was cool when we were there with highs in the mid twenties and it cooled down at night so this was not a problem. The windows do open which is not always the case in a hotel so I suspect that this hotel would be more comfortable during a hot spell than some that don't have a/c.
2) The raw eggs - Yes, they are in a big bowl RIGHT NEXT TO THE EGG BOILER. In this way you can have your eggs as you like them. Overall the breakfast was the best of any on our trip (six hotels)..
3) The service - Everyone at the front desk was very nice and helpful to us. We needed to catch a flight early in the morning and they even offered to make special arrangements for us to have breakfast before they were usually open - we were astonished. I will say however that we witnessed one of these very helpful women at the desk being very short with another customer. I know that sometimes people whose first language is not English can come across as being a bit gruff but in this case we suspected that the less than friendly service was because the couple was obviously from the Middle East and the woman was wearing a burka. Just a suspicion.
4) WiFi worked very well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel has a 100 year old tradition of hospitality; located near the old town & attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Hofwirt Salzburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.