“Great Location”

Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Center
Ranked #25 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was meeting friends in Salzburg for the weekend and we wanted something near the train station...The Radisson Blu was perfect. Easy walk from the station to the hotel with luggage, rooms were nice, bed was excellent. The staff was very accommodating, letting us check our luggage for the day (after we checked out) and very helpful in storing a friends medication in their fridge for us. We walked to town, which takes you through some of the major sights of Vienna.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
SZGZA, Manager at Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

D JLJ04,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg.

I am delighted that you chose our property for your visit and I will certainly share your positive feedback with the team particularly the front desk.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg in the future.

Regards,

Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

An average hotel with uninterested staff, if there was any staff. Breakfast extremly expensive. The room was ok, clean and of normal standard, as you can expect. The hotel was very anonymous.Left no impression at all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
SZGZA, Manager at Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Gnurglan,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

It is disappointing to read how you perceived your experience with us; however, I would be most pleased if you contacted personally to discuss the situation in detail that we can take appropriate action. It is only by acting on feedback of our clients that we can improve our services. Thank you.

I am looking forward to hearing of you.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in June 2012 for 2 days. I came to Salzburg by train from Vienna. I always wanted to visit Mozart's hometown. When I got off the train and out of the station, I asked around for the nearest hotel with a good reputation. Several people recommended this hotel because of the brand name and reputation of Radisson. So, I decided to give it a shot. I walked in and was pleased with the lobby/reception of staff. Many rooms were available. I booked the cheapest one with a king bed for $110/night. I was pleased with the room. Nice size. Nice bed. The bathroom looked like it had not been updated in awhile. My guess is that Radisson probably took over this hotel from another company and hasn't upgraded all the rooms yet (or at all). Not much a view. Don't really care about that anyway. Nice pool though. I was the only one there and very quiet/peaceful. Night time can get a little sketchy, but you are close to the city center, so it is still relatively safe area. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is just looking for a quick stay as the pass through the city. Nothing fancy.

Room Tip: I stayed in a king bed room without a view. Any room is fine really.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We found this location great for our trip from Vienna to salzburg then on to Munich. The area around the train station appears a bit shady at first but there is a shopping center less than 200 meters away. This hotel is a 5 minute walk from the station. A great hotel....rooms large by European standards.a safe city to walk...leave the hotel turn right and within 15 minutes walk along the river you arrive at old town. Cross the bridge and you are in Mozart land. Souvenirs pricey but food and drink reasonable. Take time to visit the brewery and do the walk up the cliffs...the view great. We booked an AM Bavern ticket to Munich....only 26euros for both of us and we walked easily to the station from the hotel. There's a supermarket in the train station....great spot to pick up snacks . This train is a little slower than the rapid train but we enjoyed the countryside and never noticed the extra 40 or so minutes

Room Tip: rooms on the 6th floor have access to the roof. if you don't like this....book lower. the pool i...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jbm1981
SZGZA, Manager at Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear jbm1981,

It is always pleasing to receive feedback from our customers following their stays and we are delighted that that our central city location provided a convenient base for your visit.

Indeed, we accommodate many guests traveling between Vienna and Munich. The Bayern Ticket is a real snip just like the Salzburg Card that our front desk often recommends. It includes free bus rides and free or reduced entrance fees to numerous attractions.

We do hope that there will be another opportunity in the not too distant future when we will have the pleasure of your returning to the Hotel.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here with my family for an Easter break. The hotel itself is fine. The staff friendly and the children enjoyed the swimming pool. However, our room was overheated. I spent most of the first night adjusting the air conditioning controls, then eventually gave up and opened the window. The choice was to swelter in the room or listen to the Salzburg traffic. On the second night I called the front desk, the receptionist came up and fiddled with the controls to no avail. In the morning the maintenance technician deemed there was nothing wrong with the system. Exasperated, I complained to the Manager. We were given another room, which turned out to be much the same. Finally, the Manager conceded that the room air conditioning was centrally controlled and there was nothing that could be done. So while it was zero degrees, outside we had to put up with being too hot to sleep in our room.

We checked out in a sleep deprived state, glad to be leaving. The only reason I haven't given a poorer rating is that the staff in the bar were superb and it was a great place to eat.

To the Management of the Radisson, why pretend the rooms have individually controlled air conditioning when you are going to control the temperature centrally?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear ireckon21,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for this review.

It is disappointing to read how you perceived your experience with us; however I certainly appreciate the constructive points made. Rest assured I shared your observations with the chief engineer who is investigating the issue as well as possible amendments to the system.

We are very pleased about your feedback regarding food and service in the BarRoque our lively and stylish Restaurant/Bar where we offer a selection of seasonal menus, quick lunch or children’s menu.

It is indeed a particularly popular venue for business lunches and after work drinks with a number of corporate clients in the area regularly visiting.

Thank you once more for your measured feedback and I do hope we have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been here many times due to my job but as far as I see there are a lot fo tourists choosing this hotel due to the perfect location next to the train station, which takes you to Vienna or Munich. You can walk to the center in 10min or take the buses which are at the station.

The hotel is a standard 4 star hotel with great breakfast, really good. The fitness room is also good and the small pool just for a short fun, sauna also nice to spend the afternoon.
The rooms are big and clean and silent. The staff at reception is changing a lot, lot of new people which are really....how to say it, fresh, too fresh to be there....takes ages to make check in, check out and they even don't know how the system works. Last times I had a boy (with glasses, he looks turkish or somewhere from eastern countries, and nothing bad about it, just if the hotel management is reading that....they know who). And he is sooooooooooooo slow, last time 15 min to do the check in when other staff does it in 3min. He gave me a room which was used....so back again to reception.....he changed it, and "surprise" the key was not activated, so back agai to reception....and finally he activated the key for the new room. So it took like 20min or more to get to my room....and at 23h is not funny after a long journey. The problem is that he did that already with other colleagues so if he is not able to be there at least a good trainning....or someone who helps him. The old staff are all really nice and friendly. But the new ones....a bit unpolite sometimes too, treating you like a friend ....

On the other hand I have to say that today I was suprised by a member of your staff. EVA CACHON. She was really professional, friendly.....she was at the Restaurant early this morning during breakfast. Normally there is another one which is really prepotent and too serious, not really friendly.... but this young woman, Eva Cachon was extraordinary good, she knew what service to the clients is.... so would be great to see her at reception maybe, I guess she would do it faster than the other new ones ;-) I never write about staff but today was really surprised and in a good way. So .... Direction: think about giving her a promotion

Room Tip: upper rooms and facing the court are silent ones
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HighQuality
SZGZA, Manager at Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear High Quality,

It is disappointing to read how you perceived your experience at the front desk; however I certainly appreciate the constructive points made.

Indeed, there is a new person at the reception; you must have met him on his first couple of days. Rest assured I discussed your observations with the relevant department head, as it is only through acting on feedback such as yours that the appropriate improvements can be made.

I would like to pass on my appreciation for your observations with regards to our breakfast as well as the service. With great pleasure I shared your warm and motivating comment with Eva. She remembers you well and sends her regards.

We hope that you will consider staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg again so that we may show you the great hospitality and superb service for which we are known.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hotel located near trainstation, and 20-30 minutes walk from the old town.

Nice, clean and big rooms. Very friendly staff who helps you with everything you need. Shopping centre 100 meters down the road from the hotel.

Was here for business and they had good facilities for meetings. Free WiFi.

If I where to go to Salzburg only for pleasure, I probably would have chosen a hotel closer to old town, but for the purpose of this trip it was very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ida F,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg.

Since we have just renovated our meeting rooms and installed new furniture as well as state of the art AV equipment, we are more than pleased about your positive feedback.

It is well known that nowadays good internet connectivity is essential for many people when traveling. This is why you will find free WiFi in all Radisson Hotels.

Last but not least, we are delighted that our team’s personal and attentive service as well as the cleanliness throughout the hotel met your expectations.

It would our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future, giving us another opportunity to make sure you have a great stay.