We chose this hotel firstly by cost and then by location and were very pleased by our decision. The hotel accommodation is not 4 star but the beds were very comfortable and the room extremely warm! Disappointing that we had to take up plastic cups of hot water from the foyer and buy tea bags to get a drink in our room. We felt that those facilities are really standard these days, but not here! The walk to the old town was a pleasant stroll and mainly through a pedestrianised section with some very nice windows to look in! As others have mentioned, breakfast really was very good and certainly catered for every nationality. Even bacon and scrambled eggs for the English! Salzburg is just lovely and the Xmas Markets really delightful. If going with young children, beware of Krampus during Advent as he scared the wits out of us with his grotesquely masked helpers - and we're in our 60's! Travels through town at about 5pm in the evening. We don't know about him in the UK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable privately owned hotel in the centre of Salzburg. Enjoys a quiet position although in the centre of the town. Within easy reach on foot to all of the historic and interesting points of the city: e.g. Mirabell Castle and gardens, theaters, churches and museums, congress house, central train station and of course not to be missed the famous old Town Centre with its historic buildings and monuments. Parking available on the street free of charge weekdays from 7pm to 9am, all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays, or in garage opposite to us 14 Euro per 24 Hours. Cancellations/Amendments/No Show with no charge will be accepted only up to 48 hours prior to date of arrival (02Pm local), after this time limit 100% of reservation value will be charged. Until 10.30 buffet Breakfast is served. Rates include all taxes and Services. Children up to 10 years stay free when sharing existing beds in room with parent's (max 1 allowed in double/twin room only). Free wireless internet in all rooms and in the lobby free use of hotel computers too. Air-conditioning if not booked extra charge 10 Euro per day, not available in all rooms. We book your tours and provide free hotel pick-up. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Goldenes Theater Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Theaterhotel Hotel Salzburg
- Salzburg Cordial Theaterhotel Hotel