All reviews welcome drink the modern art museum fairy tale overlooking salzburg nearby museum infinity pool mountain overlooking moment you arrive old town short walk amazing hotel emailed the hotel the entire staff hotel experience fresh fruit turn down service luxury hotel
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife & I spent 2 nights here on our 25th wedding anniversary trip around Europe. Everything about the hotel was great. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were treated so very well by every member of staff. We had a package that included dinner - what a special treat that was! We were fortunate that we had the restaurant to ourselves and therefore the undivided attention of the staff. Do eat there if you stay in this hotel. We had a luxurious room with a magnificent bathroom overlooking Salzburg. I had to request a fan as it was so very hot and the ac unit in the room was barely coping. The hotel provided us with the use of a ticket enabling us to used the lift down into the old town. My wife was pleased to see enormous Mozart chocolates on her bedside table each night

5  Thank Kidderminsterkid
Reviewed July 26, 2012

A great location away from the tourist centre. Very attentive and informative staff, excellent restaurant, Wolfgang will look after you. Highly recommended . Whilst the motel s away from town there is left tat rates you to the hub in several minutes,but the secluded location really adds to the reason to stay there.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Property absolutely beautiful. The location was superb, peaceful setting with great views over city. I was travelling for a month in Europe and to stay at a property that felt so relaxing as soon as I arrived was a welcome change. Room was comfortable, only complaint was that pillows were too soft for me, I asked for a fimer pillow but there wasn't any available. Staff lovely, service was oustanding. complimentary fruit and cake on arrival, upon check-out I was also presented with a jar of home made jam :-)...it's the small touches that make a difference. For a short trip away stay here, the location is not inconvenient the setting is worth it...would be a waste to be in Salzburg and not experience this. Breakfast served in the lovely restaurant exceeded my expectations, great way to start the day. I did have lunch there, meal good but pricey. Compared to other hotels that I looked at Hotel Schloss Monchstein is definitely the best value for what I got.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Cath8
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Hotel Schloss Monchstein is without a doubt one of the best hotels we have stayed at : of course, the setting is gorgeous overlooking the city, the view at night is breathtaking and all the nature surrounding is perfect to rest. Only ten minutes away from the city center, the hotel staff will give you free elevator passes to come and go as you please.
The rooms are simply magnificent, well decorated, squeaky-clean, luminous, spacious and we especially enjoyed the private terrasse.
But what really makes this hotel unforgettable is the kindness and professionalism of its staff who made us feel at home from the minute we arrived until we left. They were always available to answer any question, help us organize our day in Salzburg, made sure we had averything we could expect and more. The little notes they left for us in our room, the chocolates they brought up with our room service, the advice they gave on what to chose from the menu...everything was perfect and we will remember our stay for a very long time. A special bravo to the restaurant chef, the food was exquisite and we had the opportunity to eat in "the smallest restaurant of the world" in the hotel tower for our anniversary dinner...what else can we ask for ? TRUST US you can book a room at Hotel Schloss Monchstein and never regret it.
For a 5 star hotel, the prices remain reasonnable for the incredible experience you have.

1  Thank AudreyETCyril
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights as part of our "delayed honeymoon" tour of Europe. This was by far our favorite hotel. Our room was perfect, very well appointed and with an outstanding view of Salzburg from our windows. The hotel staff were also excellent, very friendly and helpful - they couldn't have done more to make our stay a wonderful experience. I would also recommend dinner in the "smallest restaurant in the world," which is a romantic experience not to be missed! We will definitely stay again on our next visit to Austria.

Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple