“Delightful!”
Review of Hotel Elefant

Hotel Elefant
Ranked #11 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I traveled with a group of 8 from Munich to Salzburg and from the moment we arrived at the Hotel Elefant they took excellent care of us. The young blond woman at the front desk was fanstatic-so friendly and helpful! The rooms were largeby European standards, and decorated wonderfully. The breakfast was outstanding! The location of this hotel is outstanding!!!! Salzburg is a beautiful city and I cannot wait to come back to this hotel and explore more of the city! If you are on the fence of what hotel to stay at in Salzburg look no further than this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We took the train from Munich and spent the night in Salzburg because we wanted to experience the Christmas markets there both in the day and in the evening. We found that this hotel was in a perfect location for exploring by foot. Our room was large and clean, and the breakfast was good. It was a treat to be able to stay amongst the shops that lined the streets of such a charming pedestrian area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

While this hotel is in a perfect location, the overall experience was disappointing. I arrived late and was given the key to my room and told that breakfast was on the 1st floor. OK. The double room that I booked (for one person) was tiny. The bed was so close to the wall on one side that you had to walk sideways to get in and out of bed. The whole room was done in formica, which seems to be common in Salzburg and disappointing. The halls and breakfast room are charming, but the rooms had no character. Since I was tired, I went to the restaurant and asked if I could have a brandy. I thought they would let me sit at a table (the restaurant was practically empty). No, instead they handed me the drink, standing there. When I paid, and gave them a nice tip, then they asked me if I wanted to sit down (very strange). I took the drink to my room. The next morning when I went to breakfast in their lovely dining room I saw a charming TV room/lounge next to it. Had someone told me about this at check-in, I could have had my drink there and would have been very happy. Then the hair dryer didn't work. At check out I told the lady. She responded that you have to press a button behind the hair dryer to get it to work (??). How was I supposed to know this. Even she said "I suppose we should have told you." Well, yes, you should have. All in all, for the price and the reviews I have read, I expected more and was disappointed.

Room Tip: Maybe you should ask to see it first
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank leo1492
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Was a great experience staying at the Elefant. Rooms are very luxurious and the free breakfast is great. The location is also great. The staff wasn't very amicable, something you'll find throughout Europe...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Rooms can be small, double(when we arrived and checked in and were able to visit our room),
we asked and they were able to upgrade for an extra charge and the superior double is very nice
There is no view. Window with light but buildings.
Breakfast was great..
Location for walking and exploring is great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The best things about the hotel are it's location and service. A small hotel right in the pedestrianised heart of Salzburg. You couldn't wish for a better location. The service was excellent and very friendly. The breakfast too was excellent with everything very fresh (and not out of a tin). Also ate dinner in the hotel's restaurant and that too was excellent (service, quality and a reasonable price). Only negative was that the room and bathroom were on the small side although adequate for 2 people.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Sussex_John
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Right in the heart of Salzburg's old town, this is a perfect base for exploring the city. Rooms are clean and perfectly fine for the money, staff friendly and a decent breakfast (although the coffee was a bit yuck). Room 507 gives you a view of the castle.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple