“Lovely boutique hotel.”
Review of Hotel Rosenvilla

Hotel Rosenvilla
Ranked #13 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel was charming with outstanding service. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. I have never encountered such lovely service with a smile. They were very helpful with tourist information and suggestions. The rooms are just as in the photos. (we were offered a peek) and our room was very spacious. The breakfast was so beautifully presented that I took photos! They offered a delicious choice to cover all types of diets and appetites. Really delightful. There is a bar on the honour system. I have already recommended it to my brother. Only downside is the lack of AC-- As there was no AC we had to leave the windows open and it was noisy at the front.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy because of the road.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for just one night but I really wish we spent more! When we got to the Hotel, which is located just a minute drive from the centre of Salzburg, we were informed that our room had been upgraded to a suite. This was great news. the room was very spacious with a very comfortable shower area and separate toilet area. Furthermore we also had a small living room and an outdoor terrace. The room also has a small library and a DVVD and CD collection. Breakfast was plentiful and good. The service all throughout was top notch. I hope to repeat a visit to this hotel in the future since we had a memorable stay.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very friendly staff. Beautiful garden with a lovely pond. Outdoor cafe with lovely flowers. All details in this hotel are very well thought about. Bed is very comfortable. Lovely bathroom . good quiet location. The best option to get to the old town is rent a bike in the hotel. we would love to come again to this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: rent a bike from hotel - 5 min flat ride to the old town :)
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed here last June for 3 nights. It is very easy to find. We went to Salzburg via car and parking is free of charge. Words are not enough to express our happiness during our stay in this hotel. The room is very clean and nice. We had the biggest room (2nd floor) with balcony. The breakfast is just great. The selections are really good. They even have "bio" drinks, fruits, egg etc. Everyday, they have a piece of paper on every table stating the weather and happenings in Salzburg that day and they have insider tips where to eat, sightsee etc. On top of that, the service are just incredible. They are amazing. The staff are really great. You have to see it to believe! I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who comes to Salzburg. If there's a chance to go to Salzburg again, we will definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Arrived in beautiful Salzburg alone, planning to meet my daughter the next day. Planned to do a single, then move to a double for the next couple of nights. They were super responsive by email, answering all of my many questions about distance and best type of transport from the airport, etc. They were kind enough to put me into the double at no extra charge, so I did not have to move after one day. Very thoughtful.

The hotel was clean, the room spacious, the staff very nice and helpful. My room was very large, by European standards. Bear in mind that they do not have AC, as they rarely need it.

There are about 10 wide steps up to the main desk and stairs only to the rooms. The gal at the desk as far younger than me so I "let" her take my bag up the stairs! :) But be prepared, nonetheless.

Breakfast, was mentioned many times in reviews, is just not to be missed. It was so huge and varied, I challenge you to think of something they missed. And so beautifully done! They even offered me a soft-boiled egg each morning (as we Americans do love our eggs). It came with a little knit cap and a face drawn on it. Almost felt bad cutting its head off!! And coffee to die for!

But I think the best thing I did was to reserve two bicycles for the duration of our stay. Very reasonable price, and they have an electric motor (not that we used it, as we felt the need to burn a few calories!) if you need a little help. This hotel is just a tiny bit outside the main part of the old city, across the bridge. It's about a 15-minute brisk walk, but having a bike was the ticket! We saw so much more, and never hesitated about going farther out to a restaurant, since everywhere is an easy ride. Even Augie's was no problem by bike (if you don't know what Augie's is, find out or you will miss the best biergarten in Salzburg!!)

They recommended a restaurant a few steps from their door for my first meal in town, and it did not disappoint. I will email them for the name and add it to this review later. Great little biergarten, outstanding food. Actually ate there twice as it was that good. And it was well priced and away from the touristy food in the old city. Looks like where the locals eat, at that is my preference. It is also not to be missed!

If you are looking for a fancy hotel, dripping with old-world charm in the middle of the action, this is not the place. However, I am a total hotel snob and have an overblown heebie-jeebie radar, and I loved this place! You will not be disappointed!

Why stay in the over-crowded, overpriced old part of the city? This place is a no-brainer, in terms of money well spent!

Room Tip: Low room if you can't do stairs with your 1000 pound suitcase. The main part of the city is not...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Patty H
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Hotel Rosenvilla is a very nice B&B style property in the "suburbs" of Salzburg. We didn't find the distance (about a 20 min walk) from the city to be a problem, as there are walking and bike paths the whole way. Our room (we were upgraded to their suite on checkin) was clean and the king sized bed was comfortable, with a huge bathroom by European standards. The breakfast was exceptional-lots of selection and all very delicious. We rented the electro-bikes one day to use around town and had a lot of fun exploring the town this way. One huge negative-there's no air conditioning (this may be typical for this part of Austria). The first night we were in Salzburg the temperature was very high (90s during the day) and the room was HOT, which made it hard to sleep. The next night a thunderstorm came through which cooled everything off. A fan or something in the room would be welcome. I wouldn't stay at this hotel in the summer months, but would definitely stay in other seasons.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shelley P
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The only unfortunate part of our stay at Hotel Rosenvilla was that we only had 2 days there!
The staff are very helpful and friendly.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite. It was more than well equipped and beautifully laid out.The breakfasts are superb!
Whilst Hotel Rosenvilla is on the outskirts of town we did not find this to be a problem because Salzburg is really small and we love to walk. It is really only a 10-15 minute walk before you are in town and its a really beautiful route that you take through parks and along the river past some amazing old mansions. If you don't want to walk you can take public transport - there buses about 1 minute from the hotel. The other benefit is that its very quiet and a little more relaxing to have a place to come back to outside of the centre of town.
Overall we found the friendly service and attention to detail absolutely faultless. Thanks for a great 2 days!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple