My friend and I stayed two nights at this hotel in the train station area of Salzburg. The hotel is old fashion in decor but it does not feel old. We really enjoyed our stay here as the staff were accommodating to our questions and the room was comfortable.
As a simple way of discussing the hotel, our highlights included (1) Mozart ball on our pillow placed upon arrival, (2) the available sauna options ( there were 4 different and large sauna rooms) in their spa like area of the upper floor that also featured an exercise area and a bar area, (3) the traditional beer garden on site, and (4) the ease of access to their bike rental.
The location of the hotel is not that ideal for sightseeing as you are a 10 minute walk/5 minute cycle from the Old Town part of Salzburg. It is in and around the Old Town where all the major sites and restaurants are located. If you do not require easy access to the train station then it maybe worth booking something closer to the old town. However, if walking is not an issue then this is a great hotel especially due to the free spa. The reason we booked this hotel was (1) we required easy access to the train station and (2) we wanted complimentary breakfast. All the major bus routes and trains depart from the train station area so if you want to make Salzburg your access point to the Western part of Austrian, I would recommend this hotel. As far as the complimentary breakfast goes, well it was pretty standard. It wasn't remarkable but that is probably because I have travelled quite a lot and been spoiled by other places. ;)
We had one funny moment at the hotel. On our first night we went to the Business Centre where there is a free computer with internet access as well as printing ( coincidentally if you bring your laptop, the hotel has free WiFi). As we sat in the dark (we couldn't find a light switch) researching a lake side day trip, a guest/staff member walked into the adjoining smoke room and passed wind QUITE LOUDLY. He/she was kind enough to light a candle though, maybe it was because this individual heard us cackling? Perhaps...
Hope this helps you make up your mind!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Hirschen", for generations owned by the same family, is a traiditional, constantly improved and renovated quality 4-stars-hotel, ideally situated, with a choice of spacious and charming rooms, all airconditined, a beautiful (free) sauna-complex, a traditional, cosy and locally popular organic restaurant with moderate rates and a large beergarden as well as a large parking place. (free). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your ACHAT Plaza Zum Hirschen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen Hotel Salzburg
- Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen Salzburg