We are a middle-aged couple from Sweden, who travels fairly frequently both in private and business. We stayed at Achat for 9 nights during March 2013 and have to say it was a very nice experience! We signed up for a pre-paid offer where every 4th night was for free, and to our suprise we where upgraded to an "superior room" when we check in!
The hotel has a typical "Austrian touch" to it with robust wood details etc. It's not a new hotel but everything is clean and functional. We got a corner room on 3rd floor overlooking the backside/parkingspace, very quiet and with a nice bathroom with a bathtub.
AND - A old-fashion FM-radion integrated to the wall both in the room aswell as in the bathroom, with a stainless-steel front and wooden frame around it - You got to love that!!
Free WiFi in the room (and good speed too, streaming video was no problem), parking was 6€/night and breakfast 12€/person. The breakfast was nice with plenty of options but 12€ is a bit too much in our option. There's an Subway 50m cross the street. The hotel is located very close to the Hbf/train station - 285 meters to be exact according to our TomTom-app.
It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the core of Salzburg old town. The neighborhood of the hotel is ok, we felt safe even walking home in the night (well, all Salzburg feels safe so ...) - however it's not a "cosy" area.
We would normally give a hotel like Archat 3 stars but have too add one star to Archat due to the price, cleaness and location, thus 4 out of 5 stars!
Archat is for sure good value for your money!
(To consider when reading our review - We are not the kind of people that spend much time in the hotel when we travel, so the hotel standard is't all that important too us.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Hirschen", for generations owned by the same family, is a traiditional, constantly improved and renovated quality 4-stars-hotel, ideally situated, with a choice of spacious and charming rooms, all airconditined, a beautiful (free) sauna-complex, a traditional, cosy and locally popular organic restaurant with moderate rates and a large beergarden as well as a large parking place. (free). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your ACHAT Plaza Zum Hirschen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen Hotel Salzburg
- Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen Salzburg