We were quite happy with this hotel, firstly finding a hotel with a vacancy even three months out from Christmas in Salzburg is very hard, at this was not my first choice but I was very happy to find a room.
The location is not great, it is close to the HBF Station but in a dodgy part of town, the back streets seem to be the turkish immigrant quarter, there is also a creepy 24hr sex shop nearby that attracks undesirables. There are no decent cafes bars or restraunts around although the hotel does have one.
On arrival we were not shown to our room or asked if we wanted help with our bags. four star hotels normally do this.
apart from that most of the staff were quite helpfull.
the room was quite good, clean, large and comfortable, the bathroom adequate.
there was just one english tv channel, no BBC World or CNN which was poor.
wifi is free and a good signal.
breakfast was very good, hot and cold food, penty of coffee and friendly staff.
I would recommend this hotel if you dont mind the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Hirschen", for generations owned by the same family, is a traiditional, constantly improved and renovated quality 4-stars-hotel, ideally situated, with a choice of spacious and charming rooms, all airconditined, a beautiful (free) sauna-complex, a traditional, cosy and locally popular organic restaurant with moderate rates and a large beergarden as well as a large parking place. (free). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your ACHAT Plaza Zum Hirschen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen Hotel Salzburg
- Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen Salzburg