My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We had rented a car, and found the hotel quite easily as it is on a fairly major intersection. We weren't sure about parking, and parked on the street at first, but were told to move to the lot for 6 euros a day to avoid a ticket. We noticed a cute little patio area out in the back parking lot to sit outside, although we didn't use it.
The young man who checked us in didn't seem to know much about the area- the parking thing for instance. We weren't offered maps or things to do either, so we were glad to have our own materials ready to go.
Our room was pretty nice- new looking laminate flooring, a huge bathroom with tub and double sink, sitting chair and table. There was a kettle and tea and coffee (much appreciated!) and standard pricey mini-bar. Hint to the wise- there is a Bolla(?) across the street, and a gas station down the street- buy your own snacks and drinks and save money (the gas station has some single serve wines for only 2 euros). Even though we faced the main street, the double windows cut out all the street noise, and it was nice an quiet.
We had breakfast in the hotel one morning- didn't really find it worth the 14 euros each, but it was convenient. Don't expect anyone to take notice of you, because they won't. It was kind of honour system- if we hadn't told the staff at checkout that we had had breakfast, they wouldn't have known.
Location- we thought it was in a great location. Only about a 15 minute walk to Mirabelle palace, half hour to the old side of the city, very close to the rail station, and on bus routes. There is a bank machine and aforementioned grocery store and petrol station nearby. Even though the area seemed a little dodgy the first night, we found it very safe, quiet and clean, even walking into old town at night. If you leave the hotel front doors and turn right, you can walk to the river trail and take the lovely river trail all the way to the old part of town. It takes a bit longer, but it is a very pretty walk, and would also be great for runners or people who have rented bikes.
All in all, we thought this was a nice place, and we'd stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Hirschen", for generations owned by the same family, is a traiditional, constantly improved and renovated quality 4-stars-hotel, ideally situated, with a choice of spacious and charming rooms, all airconditined, a beautiful (free) sauna-complex, a traditional, cosy and locally popular organic restaurant with moderate rates and a large beergarden as well as a large parking place. (free). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your ACHAT Plaza Zum Hirschen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen Hotel Salzburg
- Achat Plaza Zum Hirschen Salzburg