I enjoyed my stay at the Castellani hotel and was overall quite satisfied: the room was quiet and equipped with everything I expected (incl. among other things an iron+ironing board, minibar, free wifi, flat screen TV, radio with CD player, a shoehorn,plastic slippers, ...)
The breakfast was rich, the staff friendly, the room and the hotel was very clean. Service and equipment are adequate for a four-star hotel.
Some reviews report that the lobby or rooms are smoky. I am a non-smoker and did not notice any such problems, but these may be because there were no smokers in the hotel at the time I stayed there. At least, I did not notice any smokers.
The hotel is surrounded by a small park and located on what seems to be one of Salzburg's main artery roads. As mentioned earlier, the room was very quiet, however, as it was located towards the park side.
The main drawback of this hotel is that it is located somewhat at the outskirts of the city centre and is not very well connected to the old town by public transport. A public bus goes to the centre about every 10 to 15 minutes, but to get to the bus stop you have to cross a busy road and there is no pedestrian crossing very close to the hotel. The bus ride to the city centre takes about 5 to 15 minutes, depending on where you want to go. Best way to get to centre is with taxi. To walk, you will need about 15 minutes to the beginning of the centre and about 30 minutes to Festspielhaus/Getreidegasse.
The heating system worked well, but temperature was difficult to regulate. I had set the temperature at 15 degrees, but I felt it was much warmer, so decided to open the window to cool the room (my stay was early December).
I would probably stay here again. Reasonably priced hotels in the city centre are difficult to find in Salzburg, so the Castellani overall seems a good choice to me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ARCOTEL Castellani offers a perfect combination of pleasure, enjoyment, creativity and relaxation. The 4-star hotel boasts seminar rooms, two restaurants, a large garden, a fitness and relaxation area as well as the baroque St. Josephskapelle for weddings and christenings. Just a few minute's walk away from the city centre, there's no better place to experience the abundance of culture and sporting opportunities that Salzburg has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your ARCOTEL Castellani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castellani Parkhotel Salzburg
- Castellani Parkhotel Hotel Salzburg