“Another good Motel One experience, as usual”

Motel One Salzburg-Sud
Ranked #16 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Rather small, yet stylish and clean rooms, flawless WiFi service, welcoming staff, flexible booking and an ok breakfast for a very fair price let me look forward to my next stay. (What else am I supposed to write to get up to 200 characters?)

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I expected the hotel to be a little bit pokey to be honest but it impressed me. The rooms are minimalist but it is just the right size for two, the beds are comfortable and everything was very clean and tidy. The staff are very efficient too. I would mark it down slightly for location but then we knew it wasn't going to be bang central anyway and there are regular buses that go into town.I would advise to really get your bearings if you are exploring the city via the bus because after a few drinks and in the dark, Salzburg city centre is a bit mazey (but beautiful). The hotel is great value and has a big supermarket right opposite. I wouldn't have any qualms about staying in a Motel One Hotel again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

A group of us stayed here in September. The hotel was spotless and the breakfast was very good. The parking was tight as there is a supermarket which shares the same parking lot. Try to get a room not on the busy street. The supermarket was huge and had lots to choose from. The only issues we had were having no phones in the rooms and only one person could use their computer in the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Been there last month for a weekend trip.
Reception was very friendly, check in was easy.

Room was clean and bed was comftorbale.

Had a room facing the street, wich was a bit loud so I would recommend to get a room facing the back of the street but keep in mind there is a big supermaket parking lot.

Breakfast was great, much more than excpected.

On-site parking avail. for a fee.

Hotel is next to a bus stop, wich brings you downtown within 15 minutes.

Would always go back there, as it was great value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the street, could be loud in the morning when the traffic starts.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Excellent service, friendly staff, breakfast is at extra cost but is well worth it. I asked at reception for more coat hangers and they were delivered to our room within 10 minutes. The Hotel is very ideally situated on a bus route ( buses are excellent very reliable- digital countdowns at each stop showing how long there is to wait until the next bus) There is no fridge in the room but this is probably because the hotel is not supposed to be luxurious. It was excellent for our needs during this particular stay - we went out to celebrate our daughter's 21st Birthday ( she is studying at University of Salzburg) and the hotel is located down the road from our daughter's accommodation :)

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean and modern, the shower was luxurious :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I visited Salzburg as part of a 2 week Europe trip and we stayed at Motel One Salzburg.

As budget hotels go, I really liked this one. We found this stylish, decent, easy to access and completely worth the money. Our room was slightly small but really comfortable and our objective was to spend all the time seeing Salzburg so that wasn't an issue at all.

It's really easy to access the Hotel from Salzburg train station. Just go to the bus stop, look for line 3 and get down at Polizeidirektion. (probably 6/7th stop if I remember right) takes around 20 min from the city centre but the bus frequency is really good, so it's not an issue at all. Also the bus stop is literally outside the hotel entrance.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the wifi is free only at the lobby. If you pay for breakfast, you get free wifi logins to the room as well. I would rate the breakfast as good / adequate. We tried some coffee shops in Salzburg and found them to be expensive, so if you factor that in the breakfast was pretty cheap. If you don't want the hotel breakfast you can always go to the Merkur supermarket just behind.

Also, fyi, they don't have a full fledged restaurant for dinner. So if you need to catch dinner, if you walk 10 min in the direction of the bus line that got you there, you get a McDonald's and a pretty nice Italian restaurant. (after the fuel station)

Overall, stylish, decent, safe rooms at a really reasonable price! As a budget traveler it met my expectations. In fact, if I am again traveling to Germany, I am going to stay at Motel one hotels only.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Venkat2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The rooms at this Motel were slightly bigger than the Nuremberg Motel One which I was grateful for as we were staying 3 nights. The room was clean and basic. We enjoyed the breakfast which was always neatly displayed - the bread was particularly good. There are plenty of parking places but if you didn't have your own transport there is a bus service right outside the hotel. We often enjoyed a drink in the sitting area in the evening and service was always prompt.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends