“Amazing restaurant”

Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Typical Austrian food in great location by Mirabell palace.
First time we tried this place I ordered mushrooms in a cream sauce with dumplings. The meal was delicious however after you've eaten the dumplings there's a lot of sauce left over, would have been nice to have more dumplings to mop it up with. Second time I had the chicken burger which came with the most amazing chips accompanied by a ....... dip. For dessert I ordered the lemon sorbet with prosecco......I definitely recommend this, it was so delicious, I wanted to order another one. The third time we visited the service was not the best, granted there were only two staff members serving tables and there was a lot of customers. I ordered the beefburger. When it arrived it was still red inside so I sent it back. When it returned the rest of my party had already finished eating there food.
If this had of been the first time I'd visited the restaurant it would have put me right off it, luckily I know the food is really good here and the previous two times I'd visited the service was just excellent so it might have just been a blip.

Definitely one of the nicest restaurants this side of the river in Salzburg. Prices are also reasonable because it's not in the old town so doesn't typically cater for tourists, it's more of a locals place with only a few tourist.

2  Thank Karen G

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Enjoyed a late dinner here after the Marionette show. Even though the kitchen was due to close ten minutes after our arrival the food was prepared fresh and was delicious. The service was excellent!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Good restaurant. Ate here several 3 times during a 7 night stop over. Can recommend the Goulash and Corn Fed Chicken Rissotto.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

After a few breakfasts in Salzburg already this week we stumbled upon this lively cafe with a lovely outside seating area. As others say the service is friendly an attentive. We. Both each had a set breakfast and experience the delicious "two boiled eggs in a glass" which we were surprised to see was exactly that. Two eggs, though I would say they were beautifully poached eggs with a few chopped chives in a glass bowl. What a great breakfast idea. The coffee here is good also. We liked the ambience (in the context) and location so much we returned for dinner last night too. Veal schnitzel was good and the GAB goulash an experience as it comes with a fried egg and a frankfurter. Clearly lots of eggs to be had here. I finished with some fresh mint tea which made a light change from all the beer and excellent coffee on offer in this town. We have a few more days here and will definitely return.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very good place for a good feed with family. Very helpful service compared to some Salzburg places. Food was good straightforward Austrian fare - great goulash and tasty food that even an 8 and 5 year old polished off!