“Friendly place with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Wernbacher

Cafe Wernbacher
Ranked #59 of 630 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian, Cafe, European, Central European, German
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London
“Friendly place with good food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

After a few breakfasts in Salzburg already this week we stumbled upon this lively cafe with a lovely outside seating area. As others say the service is friendly an attentive. We. Both each had a set breakfast and experience the delicious "two boiled eggs in a glass" which we were surprised to see was exactly that. Two eggs, though I would say they were beautifully poached eggs with a few chopped chives in a glass bowl. What a great breakfast idea. The coffee here is good also. We liked the ambience (in the context) and location so much we returned for dinner last night too. Veal schnitzel was good and the GAB goulash an experience as it comes with a fried egg and a frankfurter. Clearly lots of eggs to be had here. I finished with some fresh mint tea which made a light change from all the beer and excellent coffee on offer in this town. We have a few more days here and will definitely return.

• Visited August 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Friendly and attentive service with great straightforward food”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very good place for a good feed with family. Very helpful service compared to some Salzburg places. Food was good straightforward Austrian fare - great goulash and tasty food that even an 8 and 5 year old polished off!

• Visited July 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great traditional austrian food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We chanced upon this restaurant, and the menu looked good - great mix of trad Austrian but with interesting twists, so.....
It was really good - I had venison goulash, one of the best ever. No room for dessert! They were very child friendly too. The rest of the family enjoyed it just as much - daughter pronounced it the best schnitzel ever, and she's had about a thousand!!
Wine was excellent, and it was pretty reasonable by Salzburg standards
Would definitely go back

• Visited July 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“Lucky Find on a Rainy Night”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had just arrived in Salzburg, I had tickets to a concert at Mirabell Palace, it was pouring rain, and I needed to find a place to have dinner. Dripping wet, I glanced only at the prices on the menu before I entered, caring only that they had food and a roof.

The atmosphere was amazing, wood and glass, cushy chairs and sofas, newspapers, Art Deco touches, full of locals who all seemed to know each other and the staff. I had the delicious Viennese noodles with ham, and the delightful waitress talked me into having desert -- mango torte and literally the best cup of coffee I have ever had.

I liked it so much, I came back two nights later, my last night in Salzburg (pouring rain again.) This time, I had the yummy chickenburger, chocolate mousse, and coffee. Yum!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
Makati, Philippines
“Delicious Breakfast”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband's bacon and eggs and my smoked salmon and scrambled eggs were very well prepared. Capuccino was good.

Visited July 2013