“Nabucco Lives up to Its Billing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nabucco - CLOSED

Nabucco
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Nabucco is no Verdi opera. This restaurant which is in Salzburg (Mozart's birthplace) will serve you fine food - not music. It offers a selection of traditional Italian dishes, for a real culinary treat. The staff are young and dynamic. Does a glass of wine take your fancy? The Nabucco has an extensive selection of Austrian and Italian wines. The dining room is cosy and bright with its arched windows. The restaurant caters for romantic dinners for two, private parties and business lunches. John Cadmann and his staff will make sure you are well looked after. A presto!
Mason City, Iowa
“Nabucco Lives up to Its Billing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were fortunate last night to eat at the number one restaurant in Salzburg. They brought us out bruschetta (complimentary) before our meal. It was sooooo good. We had two glasses of prosecco along with a bottle of their red house wine, which both were very tasty...especially the house wine. We started with the pomodorro (tomato) soup was the best ever! I had the Wiener schnitzel w/lemon and my wife had the penne arabiata. Both dishes were nicely done. It definitely was worth our ten minute trek to the restaurant Homemade bread complimented the meal.
The only negative was when two persons sat down at a table next to us and immediately lit up a couple of very foul smelling cigarettes. We were going to order dessert; however, the smoke was so bad, we quickly paid our bill and left without dessert. We were fortunate that they weren't there earlier. I think the management needs to decide if their customers want to taste great food, or inhale second hand smoke.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jdmckay

Solihull
“Very friendly restaurant - great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I went to this restaurant on Friday 30 Nov. We chose it following trip advisor reviews. I was a bit doubtful as the reviews were so good and recent. However they lived up to expectation. We had a great night and felt so relaxed.

Its a little out of the centre but not too far but very much worth the walk. The restaurant is very cosy and homely, the staff very friendly and the menu very nice. Prices are great and very good value for money.

It was a cold night so to protect us from the cold on the walk back to owner offered us a complementary nightcap. What a nice touch.

Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NOT TO BE MISSED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

What a fantastic place. This small and intimate restaurant is just the perfect place for excellent Italian food. The service from John is exceptional. The chef´s ´Spaghetti Lindsay!!!´, which was cooked just for me, with extra garlic, was cooked to perfection!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LindsayH-000
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A definite Must!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I spent four days in Salzburg in October and had two what can only be described as horrendous meals so I took to Trip Advisor for advice. Nabucco is one of the best Italian places I have ever been to outside of Italy. The service was impeccable and the food was devine! It cost us seven euro in a taxi and trust me it was worth every cent. I spent 25e the night before on venison in K&K hotel restaurant which was inedible, for 3 people with 2 bottles of wine, a starter and main course each (with a complimentary lemon cello or grappa) the meal in Nabucco cost us 120e. The staff and owner were so friendly I'm only disgusted we didn't get to go more than once! The food was devine and the atmosphere was fabulous.Trust me it's worth a visit!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank 66LauraS66
Budapest, Hungary
“Simple but good Italian food,brilliant service ;)!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

A small friendly Italian restaurant with simple ,but good food. Nice wines to afforable prices. Good value for your money.

• Visited November 2012