Stayed in nov 2013. About 15 mins by tram from Central station. Can do that walking in case of no luggage. Also about 20 minutes walk from old town.
Rooms are big , clean. Has coffee and tea in room. No bath tub. Hotel has free wifi but our room did not have strong signals. Maybe rooms from x01 series had this problem as they were in the corner.
Didn't use the breakfast so cannot comment. Charges were euro 15 per person. But read comments from others about it not being great. Rooms also has a minibar but better to get the drinks from the nearby store as beer etc is very cheap in the store. We bought the beer from store at 65 cents which were charged euro 3.50 in the minibar.
The beds are extra soft and maybe not suitable for some people.
They have a small bar at the reception. Restaurant also at ground floor. Didn't look crowded or much people.
Though had paid 100% in advance and had given credit card only for deposit yet they charged me again when checking out. Had to spend much time on proving about the payment done and trying to recover the charges. The staff could not figure out the issue and that was a letdown. Took about 2 hours before mistake was accepted and reversed.
Think may not repeat the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Salzburg Central is easy to reach by car or public transport, with Getreidegasse, Mirabell Garden, the historical center, Linzergasse and the main train station just a few minutes' walk away. This hotel in the city of Mozart is ideally located for cultural trips, city breaks and short stays. One of the reasons why the conference and seminar hotel is so highly rated among business guests is its proximity to the conference center, exhibition center and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR and Travelocity so you can book your Mercure Salzburg Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg Kapuzinerberg Hotel Salzburg
- Accor Salzburg Kapuzinerberg