The hotel is about 10 minutes walking distance from the city center, actually all the sights are within easy reach.
The hotel has been renovated and the rooms are large with brand new furnishing. The bathroom was spotless and we had a good many towels to use. We had breakfast, which was the usual fare, with hot items included as well. It was nothing outstanding, but of good quality. Interestingly they have a Tchibo coffee machine in operation which was excellent - really good quality coffee there.
They have a fitness room and a sauna, but you need to activate your room key to get in, which was somewhat odd.
All in all I can recommend the hotel. The staff was helpful and the few minor glitches we experienced they always tried to remedy immediately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Salzburg Central is easy to reach by car or public transport, with Getreidegasse, Mirabell Garden, the historical center, Linzergasse and the main train station just a few minutes' walk away. This hotel in the city of Mozart is ideally located for cultural trips, city breaks and short stays. One of the reasons why the conference and seminar hotel is so highly rated among business guests is its proximity to the conference center, exhibition center and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Salzburg Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg Kapuzinerberg Hotel Salzburg
- Accor Salzburg Kapuzinerberg