“Very friendly hotel”

Ranked #42 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Very friendly hotel”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed here for two nights over Easter. There was a lot of construction work next door but as it was the holiday period, they weren't working. The hotel is very handily situated mid-way between the train station & the Old Town. The rooms are basic but very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable & the shower very good. The best thing was the staff. They were all very friendly, helpful & spoke excellent English. Nothing was too much trouble for them. A great couple of days in a beautiful city. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend spent one night in this hotel. Very close to the train station and the two receptionists that we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately there is a lot of construction going on on their street which creates a little eye sore but a very pleasant hotel.

Golden Grove
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is very basic we had a hard time opening the door with a key no swipe cards here. The street was busy with renovations next door, but the girls at the desk were lovely so helpful in showing us places to visit this made up for everything

1 Thank Joybea
VillaCarlton, Manager at Hotel Markus Sittikus, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for this feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had such a lovely stay altough you had some troubles. We are sorry for the construction work outside the hotel but we hope that it will end soon. We apologize also for the inconvenience the key caused you but as our hotel is very traditional, we decided to stay with the keys. But it is also possbile to open the front door with the little blue chip. We would love to welcome you again and wish you all the best.

Kind regards,
UK
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have booked this in Salzburg, via booking.com. The information said that "Nothing to pay", only pay on site. They needed my card details which I had provided. A few hours later I got a message from the bank that the money had been sent to the hotel showing the exact amount. Then, later, I went to my bank to inquire about the message. They told me that the money had been sent to that hotel which they proved by my up to date statement. I told them that this was a booking which is not supposed to be paid, but the money should have been held until the payment performed. They told me sorry, but the money was transferred. Later, I contacted the hotel and booking.com about the case, and they assured me that the money is just on hold. I told them that it wasn't true as I had the proof from my bank. After a few e-mails I gave up, cancelled my booking and started to wait. Now, 14 days after the cancellation (cancellation fee is zero) my money is still not available so I contacted both the hotel and booking.com. The hotel sent me a reply telling me that they never received money and they scanned me a German receipt showing a transaction cancellation which was made about 2-3 hours after my e-mail (basically 14 days later they attempted a cancellation). They think that it might take longer to get access to my money. In short, the money has been deducted, the cancellation hadn't been made until after 14 days I had complained again, and, unfortunately, booking.com assisted the hotel and never tried to resolve the issue but took side strongly alongside the hotel. This is a good experience that taught me something. Never trust booking.com and this hotel.
note: I have all the evidences including my bank reports and statements, receipts from the hotel, booking and the cancellation.
The hotel has just sent me an e-mail telling that it is my bank. However, their cancellation receipt shows a date of April the 10th.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
VillaCarlton, Manager at Hotel Markus Sittikus, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
we apologize again for your inconvenience concerning the pre-authorization of the reserved amount. We are very sorry we missed to cancel the authorization immediately after your booking-cancelation. We would like to explain the process of authorization again: It is an international hotel-standard that credit card authorizations are necessary to guarentee the booking and not for pre-payments. The actual payment is going to be directly at check out. This is also mentioned in our policies on booking.com. Usually the specific bank regulates the reservation period of the authorized amount. Since the regulations are different depending on the bank, we unfortunately cannot specify the expiration date.
We hope this explanation will help you understand our situation and we wish you all the best.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have been there again with my guest about 10 people, the staff are friendly and helpful, especially who make check in for us, sorry I forgot her name, of course rooms are nice, mostly they are happy with nice breakfast and fresh, internet work very well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
VillaCarlton, Manager at Hotel Markus Sittikus, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time, writing this positive feedback and pointing our our excellent service. Our staff is always trying their best, to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We are happy to hear that you and your friends had such a nice time in our hotel Markus Sittikus.
We are looking forward to welcome you all again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here for a week earlier in the month; the hotel was really nicely decorated and absolutely spotless. Great location as well, plenty nearby and a short walk to the river. The breakfast was all really fresh and plenty of choice. All the staff were lovely but especially Alexandra (petite with blond hair and glasses) she had a great knowledge of what to see and do and how to get there and spent time everyday chatting to us and making recommendations. A thoroughly enjoyable stay in a lovely environment - we will definately be going back!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 50 on the top floor - really spacious and plenty of storage!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
VillaCarlton, Manager at Hotel Markus Sittikus, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for writing such a positive feedback and for praising Alexandra and our staff that much. We are always doing our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We are looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Hotel is centrally located, a quick 10min walk to old town and same distance to all the top rated restaurants in Salzburg..

Hotel is a little older and rooms are nice without being anything special.

Wifi works well.

They have international plug adapters if you need to borrow them.

Breakfast is relatively expensive and I would recommend going to one of the many surrounding cafes like cafe Joy and have breakfast in the sun.

Staff are helpful.

It is close to the main train station if you arrive by train and also airport bus stops close by.

Was here briefly and would recommend if your looking for good location, fair price and nothing to luxurious. Enjoy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ash P
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for writing such a nice feedback and for pointing out the things you particularly liked!
We would love to welcome you again in our Hotel Markus Sittikus.