Austria Trend Hotel Europa Salzburg
Ranked #39 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Moscow
“NICE”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here with friends. Good thing - parking, shopping center across the street, helpfull staf, rooms are so spacious. Rooms are clean and comfortable, yet neither me not my friends could sleep. The AC was working well. WiFi is not working on the higher floors. I guess it would be nice to stay here if you are coming on a business trip. There is a TV in the room, yet 1 chanel in English which is CNN. There is also a fridge, which is nice if you want to keep your water cold. No vanity kit though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
BANGALORE
Reviewed May 7, 2013

this hotel is next to the railway station, walking distance... big rooms very spacious bathrooms, dinning hall on the 15th floor and easy accessible for the railway station and the city bus station just 2 minutes walk.
the staff is very accommodating and helpful.
the restaurant needs to add a few more dishes on the menu for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GopalChopra
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The best thing about this Hotel is the location. Its right in front of the main train station of Salzburg. So its good if you are on a business trip and you arrive with train.

The rooms are total average. Its clean and the TV is working. The Wifi is NOT working on the higher floors whats a pity. I tried it several times, but gave up.

I had a huge and very comfortable bed! Thats an important thing in my opinion.
Bathroom was clean and the shower was working properly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2013

From March 8 through March 12, 2013, my daughter and I stayed at this excellent hotel in Salzburg. Before booking, I was told it was a 3-Star hotel. It met all of our needs and that rating was fine with us. The clean pleasant room and bath and the comfortable beds made us realize we had it all. Each morning we had a delicious breakfast at the hotel restaurant on the 15th floor. There was plenty of fresh food from which to select. All of the staff was helpful and caring and that includes Philipp and Ali. It was helpful that access to the bus line was close by. The staff advised us which bus to take to the destination we wanted and we got along fine. I will stay here again .the next time I visit this beautiful region in the Alps.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Huntington, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here late February. My wife and i were chaperoning a high school trip and Salzburg was our first stop. Perhaps you look at things differently when you are traveling with 115 High School students but I was very pleased to find the rooms clean and the beds comfortable. The hotel is a high-rise with the restaurant on, I believe, the 15th floor. We had breakfast there each morning and it afforded a beautiful view of the surrounding area, including the archbishop's castle. The breakfast was abundant with a variety of meats, cheeses, cereals, yogurts,eggs and bread. The hotel is walking distance to the more charming parts of town.

There is not much of a lobby, just a few chairs, so there was no real place to kick back and relax besides the bedroom. There is a bar attached which was open for tea/coffee etc. I read some of the complaints listed below and of course 115 teenagers shared the frustration with the advertised free internet being difficult/impossible to access. Also, I would agree that this is not a 4 star hotel. It is clearly a value-minded location. That being said it was clean and comfortable. If I were on my honeymoon I would be disappointed. However, for a price-based option it was fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was most frustrated by my experience trying to use the internet here, which is advertised as "FREE" "Everywhere".
In the rooms, the signal was FAR too weak to even show up on either an iphone or a PC laptop to connect. I called the front desk, only to have her extensively walk me through the process of opening a browser and clicking "einverstanden" to connect, which was not at all the problem. I went down to the lobby, and the lady only then told me "most apple products only work in the lobby, and mostly the internet does not work in the rooms". Why didnt she tell me this only after I came down to the lobby?
My iphone did not even work in the lobby, simply says "unable to connect".
I then tried to use the lobby computer, which ALSO barely works. The computer froze and needed to be restarted twice before i just gave up on this whole situation.
When I checked out, I mentioned all this to the front desk and he acted very surprised. While in the lobby, I had heard several other guests calling downstairs asking how to access the internet. Obviously other guests were having the same issue, and I heard her walking them through how to open a browser and click accept. If the signal is too weak, she should tell people instead of explaining how to open a browser as if that is the problem. I had been using my devices wirelessly in austria for the past week in other places, so my phone and laptop were not the problem.
It was surprising to me that the staff seemed unaware and in denial about this issue, and seemed to be overexplaining the signon process as if the guests just did not know how to use a computer. No. Really the problem is your hotel, which advertised FREE WIFi "everywhere", which apparently actually means, free wifi only in the lobby, unless you have an apple product- in which case you can use the crappy computer in the corner that barely works.
I literally wasted over an hour just trying to get 5 minutes to check my email. This is just unacceptable. At that point, I wouldnt have even minded to pay for internet that worked.
The ONLY thing nice about this hotel is the convenient location.
I also was so hungry and tried to get dinner in the "panorama" cafe, which advertises in the elevator that they are open every day. Lame.
I went up there to find the cafe CLOSED.
This hotel is the fake advertising champion of europa. Very frustrating stay. Would not recommend unless they FIX THE INTERNET please!

• Stayed March 2013
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Other than the convenience of being able to get the train and local public transport at the doorstep this Hotel has little else to offer. Since it is at the train station there are all sorts of weirdoes hanging arround the place so feels a tad unsafe. The room was small but acceptable. The view from the room was depressing, we had a high up floor but got to see ugly roofs of nearby shopping malls and half naked residents of a residential building across the road, who were always on the balcony because of the heat. Salzburg in June is hot, not warm, the air conditionoing is inadequate the hotel should get table fans if not ceiling fans. We had our own table fan and survived only because of it. The breakfast was disappointing, there is one plate of fresh fruit for some 100 guests which the chef makes a big cereony of bringing out, the staff at breakfast was no good and the quality of food poor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple