“Yum, yum, oh and did I sat Yum”

The Heart of Joy Cafe
Ranked #48 of 635 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Perth, Australia
“Yum, yum, oh and did I sat Yum”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I went here because I am gluten free. I had a lovely big bowl of lentils, some gf bread and salad - oh yeah and some delicious chocolate cake. They call it a moose cake in Australia it would be morw like a mud cake, really nice. Went to pay and realised they don't do credit cards and banks close in Austria for lunch until 2. So left an item and went back to my bnb to get the money. No problem! All of that cost 9,70 euro. Oh and it a warm and relaxing atmosphere really enjoyable.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MissFrancis

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
“So good, we came back twice in one day! Best coffee in Europe!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stumbled across this cafe when we were desperately searching for a place for coffee and wifi. As soon as we walked in the staff were so welcoming and so was the room temperature (it was quite cold outside) it smelt heavenly also. We ordered coffees and they were the best we've had in Europe. Not too strong and great flavour. We then ordered food even though we weren't hungry, so glad we did, I think it was the best salad I ever had in my life. (Heart of joy salad with goats cheese) also the quiche was divine. I would recommend this place to everyone visiting Austria/Salzburg.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Prestonsjessluke
London
“Fresh organic breakfast”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

What a surprise to find this so high in the rankings on here. We had a good breakfast here which was freshly made which is probably why it took a while to come. This is one of a few good eating places/cafes in this street making it it difficult to choose which is the best, as really they are all good for different reasons. This one offers organic fresh food, obviously prepared as it is ordered. We had a lovely muesli with yoghurt and some fresh orange juice with coffee. The service was friendly and we enjoyed sitting outside very much on a warm morning. Would definitely visit again if I was in town.

• Visited August 2013
Belleville
“Ok for Breakfast”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was not as inspired as the previous reviews. OK service, and eggs and toast OK, felt ripped off by the 3 euro tea, but I think more people in Europe are renting a seat than having a tea. Too pricey for me.

Visited July 2013
Caerleon, United Kingdom
“Ideal for a vegetarian with coeliac disease and her family!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited Salzburg in trepidation, knowing the favoured foods were pastries,cakes and schnizel! The heart of joy cafe was perfect as there was delicious gluten free savoury food as well as cakes. The atmosphere was calm and relaxed and we visited 5 times during our stay - recommendation indeed!

• Visited June 2013