Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg
$273
$154
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
H+ Hotel Salzburg(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
$143
Hotwire.com
$113
$108
  • Restaurant
Goldenes Theater Hotel(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
$563
getaroom.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,045 results
All reviewsfestival wingold world charmold townthe main shopping streetaustrian hospitalityfavorite hotelcharming hotelmodern convenienceslarge bathroomperfect locationantique furnitureturn down servicesitting areahighly recommend this hotelloved this hoteljunior suitebreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Most hotels are not an "experience", they are a place to sleep and get a drink. Not so here. This place dates back 500 years+. So there are some quirks (like 'watch your head' and an occasional uneven floor) but it is loaded with European charm. Rooms are nicely appointed and the bathrooms also nice. The help is friendly. The restaurant in the hotel was outstanding. Central location on a lovely smaller street. We want to return!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cary F
WPutz, General Manager at Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear CLF422,
thanks very much for your kind and positive feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the spirit and style of the hotel.
Looking forward to having you back with us, soon.
I remain with kind regards

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here for two nights in a junior suite which was lovely and had a nice view of the pedestrian area of Salzburg. The room was large, very comfortable and the bathroom was modern though watch out for the low beams! Breakfast was very good and included in the rate along with one dinner in their restaurant, which was excellent. Service was top notch and I could walk everywhere from the hotel and loved that it was right in the pedestrian only area. Wifi worked well too. I didn't see any other rooms but I imagine they are all quite different as it's in a historical building. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I only saw my junior suite which was lovely...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank moremiles
WPutz, General Manager at Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear moremiles,
thanks very much for your kind and positive feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed the spirit of the hotel as well as our service.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

After a busy week of business in Frankfurt, my wife and I traveled to Salzburg and the Goldener Hirsch for the weekend. Our stay at this hotel was first-rate, in every aspect. It is a historic building/hotel, and you can feel the charm as soon as you enter. As others have pointed out, location in the old city is perfect, and only a short walk to many points of interest and restaurants here or across the river. All staff at the hotel were extremely friendly, helpful, and English was perfect. We especially appreciated all of the help and recommendations from the front desk staff. Their recommendations for restaurants were right on, each time. We received an upgrade to a nicely decorated, spotlessly clean, large room with sitting area and large bathroom. I certainly did not expect an upgrade given that I paid for the room with Starwood points, so a very classy touch that made me feel even more of a valued guest. Room was very quiet, including at night. We did not eat at the hotel, but did visit the bar for a few drinks prior to attending the Mozart Dinner Concert (also recommend). Nice, cozy little bar with very attentive service. I would highly recommend the Goldener Hirsch as the place to stay in the old city, and will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Charles L
WPutz, General Manager at Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Charles L,

thanks so much for your positive and kind feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope you will return very soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and were greeted At the door by concierge who took our bags straight off us and valet parked our car. We were upgraded too, to a beautifully decorated large room with sitting area, with bathroom and separate loo. So two loos which was fab. The decor in the room was gorgeous very antique and typically Austrian. Huge comfy bed with thick fluffy duvets and pillows. The hotel is situated on the pedestrianised shopping street. So you walk straight out into the heart of the old town. The reception staff were so attentive and nothing was too much for them. We asked about classical music concerts, they recommended one at the chapel in the Mirabell palace. It was amazing!!! Just a piano and cello playing Mozart, Bach, Debussy and more. There were only around 20 of us in the small venue. It's was beautiful, atmospheric and very moving. We also went on the panoramic sound of music tour. The hotel arranged it for us and we were picked up directly from the hotel reception and the cost was charged to our room. There was a turn down service and choccie left on pillow. This hotel is all about being made to feel special. We didn't breakfast in the hotel so can't comment. To sum up though fabulous hotel in a beautiful city.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pclash
WPutz, General Manager at Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear pclash,
thanks for your kind and positive feedback and I am happy to read that you enjoyed our service as well as our wonderful city.

With best regards
Wolfgang

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I recently enjoyed a very, very nice stay in Salzburg at the Goldener Hirsch. It is in the absolutely best location in one of the most beautiful small cities in Europe. The hotel matches the setting to a tee -- itself a highlight of a trip to Salzburg.

I was lucky enough to be upgraded not just to a suite, but to a large series of rooms -- all with traditional Tyrollean charm. In fact the room was so large, it took me a second day to even discover the back sitting room.

The beds were furnished with incredibly comfortable down bedding. The bath full luxury condition despite being a very old building. Nothing was spared in combining the essence of tradition and the luxury of modern detail.

While I was at the hotel for business, very much looking forward to a personal trip in the summer to enjoy the hotel even more.

Room Tip: I was across the street from the main hotel and enjoyed that very much
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank drosen85
WPutz, General Manager at Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear drosen85,
thanks very much for your nice and positive review. I am happy that you liked your stay with us and enjoyed our service.
We are looking forward to having you back with us, soon.
Wolfgang