“Great value and worth the concierge level”

Sheraton Grand Salzburg
Ranked #10 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Destin, Florida
“Great value and worth the concierge level”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in Feb. The concierge level provides snacks and drinks all day. It was nice to visit with other travelers and receive recommendations for attractions and restaurants.The staff was friendly and helpful!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank golfgal32550
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear golfgal32550,

Thank you very much for your latest review about your stay at Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. I am glad that you were satisfied with the service of our staff and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel in the near future.
Herbert Mosbruck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Reserved a junior suite. It's quite a lovely suite; well appointed and spacious. However, it was located right next to the two busy elevators, which was quite often noisy (every time the elevator moved the loud motor sound kicked in) given it services the hotel guests for this 7-floor hotel. Unfortunately, the hotel was fully booked around Xmas time, and they couldn't switch rooms for us. We got relatively peaceful sleep from 11:30 pm to 6am. It's really not acceptable to have any rooms next to elevator banks without soundproofing.

Otherwise, the hotel was quite comfortable from cleanliness to service.

The lounge was on the 7th floor was excellent, from decor to food.

Location of the hotel: it is about a 10 minute walk with luggage from train station. It's next to the Mirabelle garden and about a 5 minute walk cross the river to old town.

Room Tip: Avoid junior suites or rooms right next to elevator bank.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LuvNature88
Dear LuvNature88,

Thank you for posting your review here at TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guests allows us to constantly improve our service. On the one hand I am glad that you were satisfied with our location, the service of our staff and quality of our Club Lounge. On the other hand I really feel sorry for your disappointment concerning the noise of the elevators near your room. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that your room will be in a more quiet location. I would be happy to make your reservation personally and remain with my best regards
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Awesome location, clean and overall very nice. Most Sheratons aren't 4-5 stars but this one is.

The best was opening the windows and taking in the sights and sounds from nearby.

Concierge arranged two great tours.

Had good breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear ktuerff,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review about your stay at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. It is only with your help and suggestions that we are able to maintain our commitment of excellent comfort and outstanding service. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel in the near future.
Zurich
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I have come to dislike big hotel chains, as the service is most of the times not good and rooms are nothing special, just overprized. The Sheraton Salzburg suprised me on this business trip a bit. The room was very quiet, comfortable, staff friendly, especially during breakfast. The breakfast itself was good. The bar had a good wine selection. Wifi was free, beds comfortable and room was spacious.Access to the Salzburg Congress Center simple and accessable from the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear tinyhunter,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share with us and other travellers your latest experience at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. It is a pleasure to read that our hotel positively surprised you that much and that your stay was to your complete satisfaction.
I am proud to work with such a great team and we will always try to even exceed our guest´s expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Salzburg Hotel back soon and being of service to you on many occasions.
Best regards
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Nothing special. Had an unfortunate encounter with a taxi driver who refused to let me chose another cab and grabbed my luggage in front of the hotel staff. The hotel staff did absolutely nothing to protect and side with their guests. Truly disappointing.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank International_Paolo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

With the sheraton, you can normally be sure of a high standard, and this hotel did not disappoint. a stones throw from the river and only a ten minute walk to the bottom of the main town.

We had a junior suite that was very large, and decorated traditionally with tv, desk, and sofa set as well as a large bed.

Very friendly staff and a lovely basecamp to explore Salzburg.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NapoleonSnow
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear NapoleonSnow,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and that you were satisfied with your room and our staff. Hopefully you will take into consideration to visit us again soon. I remain with my best regards
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time in Salzburg and found the stay at the Sheraton Hotel relaxing and pleasant.

Staff were very friendly and informative.

Not having stayed at Sheraton before we're not prepared for the sting in the tail when looking to eat and found the pricing extremely expensive and not value for money.

We resorted to eating out at each mealtime.

Having said this, we would stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 854PaulA
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Paul A,

It always makes me proud of my team when reading positive words about the friendliness of my employees. Furthermore I am glad that you found your stay relaxing. Regarding your disappointment on the pricing of food, I would like to point out that we only use high quality products for food & beverage.
Our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service. Nonetheless you will hopefully take into consideration to visit us again soon