TripAdvisor

from $109.90
from $21.31
from $50.47
6,737 results
All reviews beautiful garden flower beds dwarf garden pegasus fountain full bloom julie andrews music fan von trapp old town sunny day sound of music tour walk around statues gnomes movie scenes benches
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited the gardens at Mirabell Palace on a recent day trip to Salzburg. They were really very pretty and it was easy to reminisce in certain spots about scenes in the Sound of Music (something that is possible at many points in Salzburg). We were there in late August and the flowers were blooming adding to the ambience of the place.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not to the standard of an English country home or garden, but impressive nevertheless and I imagine if you were influenced by The Sound of Music, this would be a must-visit spot.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There were only a couple of rooms open, along with 8 +/- flights of marble stairs around a square atrium which ends at a closed door. You do have the view out the windows and down the center of the staircase - impressive. Also the walls and the banisters showcase the interesting statues (cherubs, warriors, and probably from mythology??) especially on the top floor. BUT, if you have trouble walking, the view from the ground floor provides almost the same experience without the pain. If there were plaques or info about what we were seeing, I would recommend the climb.

BTW, we may have missed it, but we saw little or no description of the building and its significance, let alone the elaborate statuary. I also didn't see a general pamphlet in German, either. My apologies if it was there. The fact that I didn't see any guide or info person seems the norm , but surely, surely a more excited, informed, and eager-to-recommend group of visitors would easily out-balance the cost of the pamphlet and a college intern. To sum it up, We wanted more. We plan to google and investigate, but it is not the same as experiencing and becoming engrossed in it first-hand.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Its a great place for an evening walk. I would suggest to go late in the evening, before the closing time to enjoy the beauty with less number of people. Must see if you are in Salzburg

1  Thank Senu G
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a first time tourist, you should stop on by for an hour or less. Gardens are well known and a part of the Salzburg experience. But...it's a small pleasant garden versus a grand splendor. Seen it once, took well less than an hour to walk the whole thing a couple times and see the one available room in the palace.. I probably wouldn't put it on the agenda next time I find myself in Salzburg but I wouldn't refuse to visit again either.

1  Thank theswissmister