“First night at Salzburg”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Zum Mohren

Zum Mohren
Ranked #240 of 631 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Indian, Austrian, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Goa
“First night at Salzburg”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

It was our first night in the streets of Salzburg and we happen to step in this quaint place full of antiques and paintings. The food is not great, but would sit in for a beer and wonder about the interiors of this restuarant.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank GoaViva

• Korean first
Milwaukee
“Great food but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Food was great, price reasonable, but servers were way overworked. In historic building in old city wall

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MilwaukeeCraig
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great food in a hidden gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Randomly picked this restaurant for an early dinner. Food was excellent, a very nice cut if beef. Wine selection was also great. My favorite and most memorable dining experience on this trip.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Not my favourite”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went here for lunch during my trip to Salzburg but was quite disappointed. Only one of the waiters were friendly and helpful, whereas the one that was actually serving me was rude and obviously in a hurry to get rid of me. Nevertheless, I ordered a set menu which was very expensive, but which was very nice. I also tried the gluhwein, since this is a typical European drink, which I didn't like but that was probably just my taste.

All in all, I wouldn't bother with this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Good find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

If we had seen previous reviews we probably wouldn't have stopped, so glad we didn't. We were warmly welcomed, had prompt, pleasant service. Our group ordered soups, salad and a pizza. All were fresh, delicious and cold foods were served cold, hot foods were served hot. Liked the bread and relish starter, a combination of Italian, Austrian and Indian tidbits. Similarly the decor was an eclectic combination of all three nationalities and brought the underground space to life. We liked it so much we considered going back for dinner but have opted to explore other Salzburg possibilities. Suggest giving it a try.

• Visited September 2012