“Fixed menus based on your preference”

Restaurant Esszimmer
Ranked #2 of 642 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is called quite simply “esszimmer” (“dining room”). Anything more would be superfluous, says star chef Andreas Kaiblinger. After all, the “real adventure happens in the cooking pot.”
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Fixed menus based on your preference”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I truly enjoyed this restaurant! There were 4 fixed price menu selections - I chose fish and my husband chose meat. the dishes included scallops and gnocchi, spinach/egg/salmon, sea bass, beef heart, raviloli and pike perch just to name a few. We also enjoyed some great regional wine and bread. I would strongly recommend reservations and tell the guys to bring a jacket (not exacly formal but they may feel out of place without a jacket. Most of the women were in dresses). The atmosphere is very tasteful - not too formal or stuffy. There is a wide variety of beverage options and they will help you with you selections if you are unsure or want to try something new. Please allow at least 3 hours for this "well worth the time and money" experience. It is one I wil glady repeat!

• Visited November 2013

• Thai first
Rovnij
“Top!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I were invited by friends to have a dinner in this lovely gem. Thank you so much for the great experience. The food was exceptional, combinations really spot on. Service smooth, attentive, really gave us a relaxing and enjoyable evening! Thank you, will recommend to everyone passing through Salzburg!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Priska T
Knutsford, Cheshire
“Mozart Concert in Restaurant Esszimmer”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have already reported on the Mozart Concert enjoyed in this restaurant - without having commented on the restaurant itself!! Absolutely excellent - couldn't fault anything - the food, the service, the superb surroundings, all A1.

The restaurant itself is stupendous!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alan J
Orlando
“Salzburg's Finest - Amazing food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place was certainly a wow. Reading the reviews, I was skeptical it could be so good, and it truly was. My wife had the Esszimmer full menu and I had the Fish full menu. The experience actually started before the menu's even came with them offering all sorts of unique starter drinks, which even got my wife to drink who usually never does. She had a wine/lemonade with rose petals and I had a Reisling. Her drink was very good and my wine was perfect, not too sweet and not dry, fruity and refreshing. The 6 course meal began with a starter before compliments of the Chef who greeted us as we entered. There was so much detail and beauty in each course, it can't be described in this review as it would be too long. All I can say, each dish was perfect balance of flavor and size. Usually these fancy places don't give you much, you actually could be hungry at the end. Not here, while it was not too much, it was again, perfect. We both left full and totally satisfied. I have to admit my wife's was a bit better with flavor as her scallops in oxtail puree was the best scallops I ever tasted. All of my dishes were excellent too and at the end to have dark chocolate with goat cheese and pumpkin sounded weird, it too was a perfect balance of flavor. To sum it up, this is no doubt the best in Salzburg and probably the best in Austria. Make a reservation and go hungry as you too will think this place is amazing.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Kaelan
Island of Malta, Malta
“Great meal and great service”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Truly enjoyable dinner. The food was great, the presentation of the food was really good and we had excellent service. Well done! If you are in Salzburg and would like a special dinner, this is really the place to go.

Visited October 2013