“English vs German menu NOT THE SAME”
Review of Spaghetti & Co

Spaghetti & Co
Ranked #375 of 661 Restaurants in Salzburg
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I speak no German but my husband is native speaker. Waitress heard me speak English and brought us English menu's but there was a German menu on the table which my husband used. We quickly noticed that at the bottom of the English menu it said at the bottom of each page "tip not included" and at the bottom of each German page "Preiseinklusive" meaning tip included.

Prices on both menu's were the same.

Food was so so but this was one of the businesses that stamps your parking ticket giving a substantial discount on the parking.

It was raining hard the day we were there and this place was convenient. I would not recomend it forthe food but other considerations may balance it out.

1  Thank jroihl

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Best lasagna I tried in this restaurant it was very delicious, the pizza also was good and service was nice. I will come back again to this restaurant..!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

It seems silly to eat a pizza in Salzburg, but it was convenient and on the main shopping street. I ordered a pepperoni pizza and got a garlic pizza. I questioned the server when I finally got her attention and she tried to tell me that the pepperoni was very small and was certainly there, but she must have thought twice and checked with the kitchen - that's when the error was relayed back to me. I was starving and ate what they gave me. The sauce was non-acidic and a bit sweet. I'd say there was less tomato paste that I am used to. I actually preferred this sauce. The crust was thin and not something you would pick up to eat, but they eat pizza with forks anyway. The crust was very flavorful. The whole bill, with a Coke, was 12,50 Euro (that's a large pizza and the Coke). The menu allowed you to build your own pizza or select one of their suggestions.
Other meals being brought out looked good as well.
The downside, for some, was the steep stairs to get up to the restaurant. I didn't see an elevator. The upside, besides good food, is they had nice restrooms. They accepted my Visa card, but not AMEX.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My date and I both had lasagne, which was the special for the day and I have to say it was excellent par none! The atmosphere is ok, but what it lacks for in the atmosphere it definitely makes up for in the food.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Strange, but both places that we ended up visiting on Getreidegasse (the main tourist drag) were either really bad (Cafe Getreidegasse at number 27) or distinctly average (here).
We came to Spaghetti & Co as we had walked around a long time and were getting so cold and tired that we didn't have the strength to look any further. Both my partner and his colleague really fancied some Italian food, so we ended up here.
They both ordered pizzas, plus side salad, and I had a seafood risotto. The salad buffet is a self-service affair, which is fine (and the selection looked fresh) but the bowl that my partner was given was really tiny! Normally we share a salad, but I didn't have a hope here. The pizzas were nothing special, and my risotto would have been better if the prawns had been properly cleaned (the dark intestine running down the back of the prawn was still there).
I would agree with previous reviewers that the service was lacking. Our waitress seemed disinterested and unmotivated. However, there were a couple of families seated near us, and they all seemed happy enough, so maybe this is the place to come if you just want something normal and where the kids will feel comfortable.
However, for us, with so many other much better places to choose from within a short-walking distance, this is somewhere where we probably wouldn't return.