“Best place in Salzburg!”

Gasthaus Wilder Mann
Ranked #35 of 631 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian, Central European, European
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Best place in Salzburg!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is an amazing place!!! We found it on Internet and when first got there it was very busy and they put us on table with other people -we were not happy at first but turns out that atmosphere was great there!!! Felt truly Austrian, food was amazing and prices much lower than other touristy places! I truly recommend!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durham
“Recommend for Great Austrian Food and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Wilder Mann was a recommendation by our guide when we did a day trip to Salzburg and she was certainly not wrong. Situated in a little courtyard of Getreidegasse this is a traditional restaurant serving high quality Austrain food. The schnitzel which also had mushrooms, bacon and onions inside was one of the best I have ever had to eat. Service was good though the owner seemed a little bit dour at times, great atmopshere, seemed to be popular with locals aswell as tourists and good value for money.

• Visited December 2012
Thoiry, Rhone-Alpes, France
“Great Austrian atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend loved this place - meat, potatoes and beer! The atmosphere was vibrant and lively, we'd definitely go back.

Manchester, UK
“Good food, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

A good traditional Austrian restaurant.The interior has an old world feel to it. The dishes consist of Weiner Schnitzel, Goulash, Pork and Dumplings and the like. All cooked very well and very tasty. Washed down with Steigl beer. Service was prompt and friendly.

Visited January 2013
“Delicious traditional Austrian food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Because of the excellent Trip Advisor reviews I first walked about a half mile from my hotel to Bärenwirt . There were many empty tables but I was still turned away because I didn't have a reservation. Wilder Mann was my plan B but in hindsight, I should have just gone there first. Despite the three Chinese men I shared a table with who collectively might one day achieve the table manner equivalent of a retarded hyena, Wilder Mann was very good. I got there around 7:00pm on a Saturday in late December and had no troubles getting seated without a reservation. I had the small goulash for starters, the veal schnitzel for a main dish, and a beer all for about 20 euro. I know it's not very adventurous but it was delicious. The staff was friendly and the service was prompt. There was nothing ground breaking about this place but they definitely delivered on the promise of local traditional Austrian comfort food which is exactly what I was after. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for the same. Be advised, they're cash only.

1 Thank vne147