“Cool Cafe”

Afro Cafe
Ranked #17 of 687 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: SEE IT. SMELL IT. TASTE IT. FEEL IT. Soaking up the lust for life. Africa is pure, it’s colourful, it’s thrilling ... and it’s also a coffee shop in Salzburg. Come and enjoy the unique tastes of Africa with a range of traditional inspired dishes or simply enjoy a delicious cup of AFRO TEA or AFRO COFFEE in this one-of-a-kind setting. A celebration of contemporary African culture. AFRO Cafe is filled with design, fabrics and colours which represents the vibrant origin of our coffee. As part of AFRO COFFEE'S commitment to job creations, all the art and design at the café was created by local African artists – so come and take a trip to Africa with us!
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Interesting cafe with good choices of tee and coffees. Good choice for a lunch.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

We visited Afro Cafe last week while visiting Salzburg. Unbeknownst to us, it was during a city jazz event, and an acoustic artist was performing around 8:. We arrived around 6:45 and virtually all of the indoor tables (and even bar stools!) were reserved for 7:30. So we went and grabbed the end of a table on the patio while we decided what to do. We ordered a beer and glass of wine and had great service, even though it was CRAZY inside - and even got the customary (in Salzburg - wonderful) glass of tap water with each glass of wine. How refreshing to not have to fight for water! Anyway, as it got even more crowded and people were literally poring out of the doors, so we could hear the music clearly and enjoy the "scene." We decided to order dinner, and were absolutely thrilled with our decision (I believe I ate goat - and it was amazing!!!). We had a really special night - good food, atmosphere, and service.

1  Thank AnneHCO
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Went there at the end of october, I ordered the salmon with salad but it was tasteless! not worth it.
the place is nice, well located and with some original style, but to "girly" for me.
I would try some other place before going to Afro Cafe

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Nice unpretentious bar to sit out and enjoy a few beers. Food is meant to be good but we ate elsewhere. Friendly staff.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

It has been almost a year and I still dream of eating at Afro Cafe. It is funky, so it might not be for everyone. The salads, smoothies, food were all fresh and inspiring. I was there with my teen daughters and we LOVED this place. The service was excellent. I recall the only down side was the smoking (which is all over Europe-sad but true), but the restuarant can't be faulted by it's patrons. We sat outside in comfy sofa-like seating and it is across from a church. The portions are HUGE and the prices are very reasonable.

2  Thank shopdropandroll