“Ideal place to stay for a sightseeing trip or stop-over”
Review of H+ Hotel Salzburg

H+ Hotel Salzburg
Ranked #21 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Stayed 3 nights here as part of a package organised by Dertour to see the Passion Play in Oberammagau. Hotel is in a nice location - train and bus station just outside - bearing in mind location hotel was not all noisy. Nice little shopping centre and cafe next door.

Hotel very clean - rooms very nice, bit small but there is everything you need. Breakfasts good with lovely views of the city. Only 20 minutes walk from city attractions but you can get a cheap bus pass - the staff at the bus station are helpful. Reception staff and other staff that we saw were good.

Plenty of good places to eat in the centre, plenty to see and do. Beautiful city. Would recommend the Sound of Music Tour and the trip to see the Eagles Nest (these can be booked at booking offices in the centre). Countryside breathtaking.

Ramada Salzburg is an ideal place to stay if you are on a sightseeing trip or stop-over. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jennypenny52

Reviewed January 12, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Ramada Salzburg during the Christmas season. Horrible experience. The service was terrible. We tried calling the front desk to request something and no one picked up for at least fifteen minutes. When someone finally did, I requested they come up and help us out with something (my earrings fell down the drain) and the guy quite literally said "I have no idea what you just said. I'll call back later" and just hung up! FInally someone calls me back and when I explained that my earrings fell down the drain he didn't even bother to take a look and said that unless I wanted to pay additional 200 Euro to call an 'expert' they can't do anything about it. I was like, can you please at least come and take a look? and the guy was like nope.
Eventually my friend managed to help me get my earrings out. No help to the staff there.

Upon checking out, they charged us the wrong amount (20 Euro extra) so I had to point that out and get the bill changed.

Overall, this hotel was understaffed and very unfriendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank jy11_11
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Have just got back from 3 nights at the Ramada. We enjoyed our stay very much. On the plus side its location, the lovely rooms, amazing big bed, great shower and bathroom. The staf f were very nice.

Only downside is that breakfast was not included in the price and we were quoted !5 euros each per day which we thought too pricey so opted to go to the cafe immediately next door where we paid 5 euros for a substantial breakfast for the 2 of us.

Its in a very handy location and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I booked to stay in the Ramada for 3 nights whilst doing a European tour with busines colleagues. When we arrived they told us they had a problem with the air con and had rebooked us into another hotel. They were quite rude and abrupt about the whole thing but the lobby was chaos and therefore, even thought we were annoyed, on the face of it everything seemed quite straightforward and we walked to the hotel they had rebooked us into.

When arriving at the other hotel we waited a while and then were told there was no such booking. We went back to Ramada, quite annoyed and spoke to the same person who then apologised and sent us to another hotel (Radisson Blu). We finally made the switch but our rooms still had no air con, and it was 35 C outside, and 32C inside - so that wasn't great. But the really awful, fraudulent part is coming... 3 months later I had two charges on my credit card from Radisson Blu for the stay we had already paid the Ramada for. Wen i challenged it I discovered not only had Ramada refused to be be billed by Radisson Blu for the stay, they STILL HAD MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS ON FILE AND HANDED THEM OVER !!! The attitiude of Mr Franz, the hotel manager was nothing short of a disgrace and I woudl be extrememly worried about handing your personal credit card details over to this hotel. To make matters worse, during my ibvestigation I ahve discovered that the original story of broken air con was a lie and an fact they had actually double booked the rooms. They have refused any sort of discount the issue is still going on 4 months later. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Ross N
Reviewed October 31, 2010

When we tried to book for Salzburg it was for the european long weekend - the city was booked up. I hesitated to book the Ramada because of the negative reviews. How fortunate we gave it a chance. We paid 92 Euros/night. What did we get? A welcome from Sandra at the front desk such that we felt like old friends coming to her place for the weekend. All our dealings with the other staff (6 in total for one thing or another) were warm, pleasant and immediately helpful. Underground parking with an elevator right beside it leading to the lobby ( a big treat when arriving from Venice and hauling our luggage). But the rom itself was a highlight. Our "double" was two 3/4 sizebeds pushed together with wonderful bedding, extra pillows, nice seating options and a good computer setup. The bathroom was sparking clean with all modern fixtures and plumbing (again a real treat after 5 weeks of driving ourselves all over Eastern Europe) as well as a plug beside a mirror for my hair smoothing rod. The breakfast buffet with a view of the castle on the hill was filled with well-heeled Austrians visiting Salzburg for a long weekend when most tourists are gone. THEY know the value of this hotel -- perhaps they are happy to keep it for themselves? Our only wobbly rating is location: for anyone coming in by train or bus it would be ideal (and you can't hear a sound of it from your room) and for people like us who spend most of their time exploring the old city it is about a 20 minute walk with lots of lovely things to see on the way (Mirabell Gardens), Congress, Mozart's house, and the knock out views.

So, maybe this review is too long, but perhaps the hotel had a couple of poor employees at one time, but they are certainly gone. I'd hate other traveller's to miss this hotel because of some sour reviews.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Arrived for only a 24hrs stay. Was happy to have the hotel literally right next to the train station (walking distance) however the staff first couldn't find the booking and then they didn't allow for early check-in (I know that it is not automatic- but the hotel did NOT appear terribly busy). The rooms are equivalent to an older Holiday Inn in the US. The room was clean but again, "okay" at best.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We would like to express our disappointment over the booking that we have made for the Ramada Hotel Salzburg City Centre.

The front desk hotel personnel bluffed us that the hotel was under repair instead of informing us that it was actually overbooked. We have actually been waiting to be checked into the hotel for the past 5 hours and were finally told that the hotel was overbooked and could not accommodate us. We have interacted with 3 different staff and 2 were very unfriendly and rude.

We have made this hotel booking more than 1 month prior to our arrival or check-in date and were informed that the hotel was overbooked and was forced to be transferred to another lower level quality hotel. As www.booking.com have charged the hotel room rate to our credit card, we were not able to claim the difference of the hotel price, knowing that the hotel that we were transferred to were a much lower price.

Don't stay in this hotel, they also have terrible views of the train station and noise of the train track. This is an international hotel but have the worst trained front desk staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple