“Good food but expensive”
Review of Hanas Rasoi

Hanas Rasoi
Ranked #473 of 653 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The food was good, but the prices are a bit out of range (compared to the food). Service was OK, the waiter was very friendly and helpful. Nothing out of the ordinary in the menu. Classic indian food. City center prices.
The atmosphere was a bit dull. Maybe if it was a background music (indian, to match the specific) would have been different.

There are newer reviews for Hanas Rasoi

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went to this place around 7-7:30 in the evening. I had had a late lunch and wasn't that hungry but my wife was craving an Indian meal. Went inside and my wife ordered for food while I just asked for a bottle of water for myself coz I was really stuffed from Lunch. We were shocked when the butler asked us to vacate the table saying our order wasn't sufficient enough to warrent occupying a table at peak hours. Don't want to sound condescending, but wanted to let this butler know that I could buy off his restaurant. However, we just decided to walk out quietly ..vowing never to return to this place again, never, ever again !!

1  Thank PiyushModani
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were craving indian food and were delighted to come across this place. Had to wait a few minutes since the place was full. Service was very slow- maybe because they had a full housel and they were short staffed.Ordered naan, paneer, jeera rice and dal makhani. Food is average, lacking of flavor. Its expensive too !

1  Thank Vandy10
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The food was great, but the service was so bad we barely enjoyed it. An Indian couple at the table across from us tried to order 3 times and was told by the owner (who was just sitting at a table nearby) that the server was busy and would get to them when she could. There were only 2 tables occupied in the whole restaurant! Another couple tried to sit outside to eat (the tables were all set) and were told the "outside was closed" as she was too busy (again there were 2 tables of 2 people in the whole restaurant). We were patient and just kind of smiled about it, but I've never seen just bad service in my life!!!!! Also it's pretty expensive and they don't accept credit cards ... Cash only!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was surprised to read so many negative reviews. We had a delightful impromptu meal in this busy restaurant. One thing that attracted me was that there were so many Indian customers - always an indicator of authenticity.

Good naan, fine chana, delicious mutter paneer and tasty pakoras.

Potentially expensive unless you're canny, but in terms of the food I have few reservations - fresh, hot, appetising and not greasy. Perhaps lacking a little spice...