eDreams
Priceline
StayForLong
Agoda.com
All reviews plenty of chairs austrian hotels perfect ski holiday three years in a row ski slopes our waiter next year spa comfort garage
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel. It has all the essentials for a basic stay. Everything is good, I liked the complimentary breakfast and the facilities to store your skiing gear. The only drawback was lack of WiFi. Everyone in the hotel was complaining and I didn't see any will from the staff to something about it.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
WVeit, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Enzian, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Mr. "Martins_Ma",

Thank you very much for your feedback.
After your departure in March we fixed the problem with the Wifi and now the Internet is working very well in all our rooms and suites.
We hope to welcome you another time again in our hotel and hopefully the free upgrade upon check-in in a beautiful suite made your stay in the Enzian enjoyable again.
Kind regards
Family Veit and the Enzian Team

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We have been staying in Enzian for the past 6 days and I am just wondering which is the best feature of this hotel - it is just amazing.

We were a family of 4 adults - grandparents, parents and a 3-year old kid and we were supposed to stay in a double room and a Junior suite. We were quite a bit surprised when without anybody saying anything at check-in we found ourselves in two connected suits.

With this start everything was predefined for the perfect holiday. I was a little bit uncertain what kind of a service we will get as none of us speaks German and I have read quite a lot reviews what could be the attitude to English speaking people in Austria but I could say that the service was outstanding. Everybody was trying to help, every single staff member was smiling and trying to do their best to help. I would like to say a big "Thank You" to AnnaMaria (please excuse me if the spelling is not correct :) ) in the restaurant who made all evenings there so enjoyable for us.

There is always a person from the owners from Family Veit around but you just do not need them to be there - every staff member was great.

The food was really a gourmet one and there was not a single time when something at breakfast or the salad bar at dinner was finished and it was not replenished within a few minutes.

The SPA center is the place where we usually spend a lot of time and it was not the case here but it was not because of any deficiency whatsoever. It is simply part of the culture here (which we knew in advance from previous holidays in Austria) that people are walking around naked. We have been in places in Austria where we were not admitted to the SPA as we were totally disinclined to follow the "all naked" rules. In Enzian, there are separate floors - one with the "all naked rule" and another where both bathsuits and nakedness are allowed (even children). So the SPA was great but we could not relax with naked people around.

The suits were just great. everything was "touched" to the smallest details - my father was discussing the superb mechanism of the door of shower cabin :) And everything was certainly very cleaned - my mother was annoyed the first few days (as she is not skiing and stayed in the hotel during the day) that the room service ladies were checking on her several times a day to replenish the coffee or the minibar or some other detail.

I am not the "reviewer" kind of person but I felt obliged to write about stay in Enzian and whatever I say I cannot express the pleasurable experience that we had here.

It is more than obvious that I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room tip: Suits 66 and 67 are great
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
WVeit, Inhaber at Hotel Enzian, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear "Abonev",

we are more than happy to read your words and hear, that you enjoyed your stay in the Enzian!
Whenever it is possible we try to give connected rooms/suites to families and make a stay even more convenient.

We forwarded your words also to our team and especially to AnnaMaria who was touched by your lovely words!

For all our guest who feel not so comfortable with the "naked Austrian sauna culture" we offer our Classic Spa - where families with children are welcome as well as guests in their bathing costumes.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon again in the Enzian!
Family Veit & the entire team

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My friends booked this hotel with their tour operator ... but since I was travelling as a single person, they would not take my booking. This is when I began to find out how good this hotel is !!

I contacted them directly to arrange my stay and they were superb!! Not only were they very helpful in arranging my stay at their hotel, they also went above & beyond in helping me to look for a transfer service from the airport to the hotel and also for ski equipment hire shops.

Upon arriving I wasn't to be disappointed with the hotel facilities either. It is really lush and well kept. The sauna and pool area is a good size, and there is also an additional area downstairs for you to store all of your ski equipment & get changed of a morning. The area even has an individual locker for each room.

My room was also brilliant. A fantastic view from the window, straight out to the slopes. It was a very, very good size, with a large, stylish bathroom.

If you need it, there is also a SPAR supermarket 5 mins walk away. Ideal!

Anyone staying here will not be disappointed!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Mr. "Stu B",

The whole Enzian team and the Family Veit want to thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure to have you in our hotel. We always try our best to provide the best service for each of our guests! This starts already with the first contact - a holiday in the Enzian should be as convenient as possible for you!

We would be happy to welcome you again next winter!

Best regards
Family Veit and the entire Enzian team

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was our 4th holiday in Obertauren and our first, of many to come, staying at the Enzian. We chose this hotel for it's proximity to the slopes, although you are close to the slopes everywhere in Obertauren! We booked with Crystal Ski and travelled from Glasgow. A coach took us from Salzburg Airport to the hotel. A warm welcome at reception and, after checking in, a porter took our luggage and showed us to our room, the first time this has happened on any skiing holiday in over 30 years!
Our room was lovely. Spacious and, for the standard room, well appointed. It was also spotlessly clean. If fact, despite being fully booked during our stay, the whole hotel was spotless. The room had a large, traditional Austrian double bed each side with it's own duvet. A desk, TV with english speaking channels, a settee under the windows and excellent free wifi. The pillows supplied are very soft but you can request different pillows and these are provided in addition to the ones already in the room!
The bathroom was compact but sufficient for our needs. In the ample wardrobe there were two bags containing towels and flip flops for use in the spa / relaxation area. There were also two dressing gowns also for use in the spa.
The food was amazing. A buffet with a huge selection from cereals, fresh fruit, bread, cheese, cold meats, the list is endless. A milk jug is supplied if you order coffee but not if you choose tea. However our waitress Anne Marie noticed we were using a glass (at our first breakfast) and from then on we had a milk jug as did the 3 other british couples in the hotel. Now that is service! The evening meal usually started with a salad buffet, again a huge selection to choose from, followed by an appetizer or soup. There was a choice of three dished as a main course, one vegetarian, followed by dessert and a cheese board in the buffet. On our first night the meal was a buffet and the dessert was icecream made by the patisserie chef. It was amazing and my only complaint is that it is not on the menu at every meal!
While we were on holiday we celebrated our 27th Wedding Anniversary. This was celebrated with a candle on our table and a card from the hotel. Such a lovely, personal touch.
We only used the pool once, on a day we chose not to ski due to the weather. Again it was spotlessly clean and beautifully laid out.
All the staff were fantastic, a real credit to themselves and to the hotel. They were friendly and attentive, I don't remember all the names but Elizabeth, Corinna, Anne Marie, Arpad, Andre and the chefs who cooked a beautiful omelette for me each morning stand out.
Overall a lovely hotel with great staff who complemented our choice of resort. We will be back and we will book at the Enzian.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Lesley C.!

Thank you very much for spending your holiday in the Enzian and celebrating your Anniversary with us!
We forwarded your comments to all our staff members and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again next winter!

Kind regards
Family Veit

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had an amazing family vacation here with friends who had stayed here before. The festivities for Christmas were delightful: many guests shared their country's traditions on Christmas Eve, including us. It was charming to watch children sing and play instruments, for grandfathers to share stories, for whole families to sing. We submitted Christmas gifts in advance so that Santa (arrived via horse-drawn sleigh) could hand out (our) stockings with goodies to our children (the hotel also gave each child a gift and each Mom received lovely gifts, too!). We booked a family suite which was amazingly large, incredibly serene (quiet and with a peaceful view) and comfortable. We also booked a meal plan (breakfast, late lunch and dinner); this turned out to be a brilliant decision as Austria is packed with cigarette smokers and our hotel was no-smoking (special room for smokers) so the rooms and dining areas were smoke-free. Our meals were good to great and we had a wide range of food options. The hotel did our laundry for a reasonable fee. The huge heated towel rack in the bath room handled the balance of soggy clothes (separate room for toilet). The skiing was great! Many runs of all levels and if you're a decent skier, Enzian is ski in and ski out. Some of the black diamonds were icy but there were others that worked. The vistas were amazing. I'm an anxious intermediate skier and easy runs were plentiful; some of the lifts had heated seats ~ a nice touch. It's not super-touristy and we didn't see or hear any Americans while we were in Obertauern. This is an easy trip from Munich and Vienna so if there's a big dump of snow over the weekend like we enjoyed, the crowds pour in, not unlike Vail. Being able to speak some German (my job) helped. Our favorite place to eat outside Enzian was at Seekarhaus. I skied half-days and always found cabs to easily transport me back to our hotel for 10 euros. Both the massages were excellent (one deep tissue and the other aroma-therapy); the warm waterbed relaxing-area with mountain views was very tranquil. The spa facial was excellent. The adult-only facilities were a nice reprieve, too. The kids loved the pool (water jets). I haven't stayed in such a nice place since Beaver Creek. There's not much in upscale shopping but we had our fill of that in Munich and Vienna. The family-run hotel owners and staff are exceptionally kind and helpful. The housekeeper was very attentive. The ski storage room was convenient. We flew into Munich on a non-stop and rented a fully-loaded ski car from Hertz. Be advised: 1. make sure you get snow tires for ski trips (no chain crews like the USA), 2) you need to stop at the border to secure a pass for the days you're in Austria. We hope to return!

Room tip: Ask for family suite 74.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
WVeit, Inhaber at Hotel Enzian, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear "WeGoMama",

Thank you very much for your feedback!
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your holidays in the Enzian. Christmas is a special time of the year and we are glad that you shared this evening with us.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel and pamper you once more with our delicious food, the spa treatments and the Austrian hospitality!

Kind regards - Elisabeth and the entire Enzian Team