Lowest prices for your stay
$114
Fully refundable before Mon, Mar 11
Priceline
$114
Fully refundable before Mon, Mar 11
No prepayment needed
ZenHotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel is a good choice if you are not looking for a higher quality. Rooms are spacious but rather old. Bathroom on the other hand was quite small. What I did not like was an air conditioning unit placed just above my bed. I had to choose between good sleep and catching cold. Outside temperature was 30 deg C. It was really hot inside the room. Opening a window doesn't solve the problem.
Good service. We had to check out very early therefore we could't eat breakfast. The hotel offered us a breakfast to go (Sandwiches with apple and juice).
If you need pizza, there is quite good one few steps along Leutschacher street. There is a restaurant at the hotel also.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank pilotnik
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with a group from Peter's Way tour a Europe. The room was clean and spacious and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I have about the room was the awkward size of the bathroom. It was a beautiful all marble tile with a deep tub, the only problem was that the toilet was squeezed in tight beside the tub which made it difficult to move your arms when using the toilet, The tub was an odd shape, and not as easy to get in and out of as it looked. Granted I am a middle aged, slightly overweight woman, so a younger, slimmer more flexible person would not have had any issues with the small bathroom. Also if you want a wash cloth, bring your own. All of the European hotels we stayed at on our tours do not provide wash clothes. You can get a cheap pack at a dollar store and then just throw them away when your done. I would rate this hotel with 3 1/2 stars, if 1/2 stars were an option. Our room had a beautiful view of the Alps.

Room tip: Request a room on the side street that views the Alps, people in my group who had a room facing the front of the hotel complained about the street noise.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed for 1 night at this hotel, as members of a tour group.
The room we got in the 2nd floor was modern and nice, but a bit small.
There was a minibar, aircon unit (not active), large plasma TV and a stereo set in our room, but no kettle.
Bathroom was nice (and seperate toilet chamber) with soft towels.
Bed was excellent to sleep in.
Breakfast had a nice selection of food (some vegetables as well!)
There was one computer by reception desk with free internet to use by guests.
The only problem was a strong smell of paint in the corridors, which may be just a temporary situation.
Hotel is located outside town center.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. My visit to Klagenfurt was to see Austria v Slovakia in a football friendly game at the stadium used Euro 2008. The hotel was some 20 minute walk from the city centre. It was a good hotel. The rooms were fine and had all the amenities you needed. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The breakfast was simply fantastic which an outstanding choice. They have bikes on site that you can use. I had one for 8 hours and cycled around Klagenfurt and the lake Worthorsee nearby. Both are lovely places. I would recomend a visit to Klagenfurt and surrounding area. Overall, there are hotyels much nearer the city cente but if you like a strollthen this is fine. There isn't a lot around the hotel to do but I found a local bar "Oke" where the barman was such a nice person to talk to. All staff in the hotel spoke good English. They made you feel very welcome. I enjoyed my stay immensly. If you are looking to visit the football stadium then this hotel is quite some way away. It took me 50 minutes to walk back to the hotel but felt totally safe in doing so even though the game did not finish until 22.20pm.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed in July 2011 for the Ironman. Hotels for this weekend book out a year ahead, so I got in early. Booking by email etc was excellent with very prompt replies, and no problem changing from a twin to a single, then back to a double.

The location is about 1.6km to the east of the centre on a busy-ish road. Our room was 202 and looked out on the side street with a view of distant mountains. The room was a good size, probably fitted out in the mid 90s but amazingly clean, and comfortable beds. Bathroom had a big bath with a shower over it.

The service was simply amongst the best I have ever had and that is based on dozens of yearly hotel stays. The owner is 100% on top of what is going on, had a huge locked room available for all the 20+ Ironman athletes to assemble and store bikes and boxes, plus also had a small fleet of town bikes to borrow (free!) to cycle around town. When these ran out he magically sourced more, quite possibly brand new, within a few hours. There is a supermarket and huge bike store about 100m away (out of town direction, across main road). Parking is free and easy to find a place.

Breakfast was superb. Huge range, lots of fresh bread, plus all the ham, cheese and cooked options. On race day he served breakfast from 4am, and this not only included ALL the standard stuff, but additionally rice and pasta! We did not eat any other meals there.

He then hires (and does not charge for) a bus to take anyone who wants to to go to the race start. He does this as he knows his location is not as perfect.

The only downside is that we like to sleep with the windows open (and the weather is nice and cool at night in July) but although we were on the side street, it was still too noisy so we shut the windows. On the plus side there is superb aircon and triple glazing.

Technology wise there was a big flatscreen tv, and best of all free and very fast wifi all over the hotel with hassle free access (no need to reenter codes daily)

The Ironman race start is 5k to the west of the city centre. If I could not get a hotel right there (which would be expensive) Aragia would be my first port of call.

(And the Ironman course is STUNNING!)

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back
Date of stay: July 2011