“excellent experience with a group”

Maria Loretto Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 209 Restaurants in Klagenfurt
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014

i visited the place with a group of mixed internationals. Aall of them were amazed by the view. we had a table on the terrace, full view of the lake and the surrounding hills.
Service was fast enough, in the desired speed, no too quick, not too slow. refill of drinks happened in a smooth way.
Food was OK, not extraordinary but definitely delicious: octopus salad, Knödel with mushrooms, salad, fish (a whole trout). Dessert was fantastic, tiramisu with strawberries, simply perfect.

1  Thank ramona74

Reviewed September 23, 2013

While I was on a walk in Klagenfurt, I discovered this charming restaurant. I told so many people about it that we ended up with a group of 13. The setting is beautiful and the décor is charming. The wait staff handled the large group very well and accommodated separate checks. They had a nice selection of wine and specialty drinks. Everyone enjoyed their food, with particular rave reviews for the fish dishes and the Tiger Shrimp. Most people also indulged in some very nice desserts including crepes with ice cream and chocolate. We would have all returned except they were going to be closed on our last night in Klagenfurt.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was visiting a cousin this past summer in Klagenfurt and decided to use Tripadvisor to find a restaurant for us to have dinner at. Maria was number one, so I made a reservation right away for 3 people. We arrived at the restaurant 45 minutes early and this seemed to annoy the manager lady on duty. It took quite a while to get seated. This was not a good first impression of the restaurant. If we hadn't traveled half an hour by taxi to get there, we would have left. However, our waiter turned it all around and I am really glad we stayed. He is the best server I have ever had the privilege of coming across. He had a great personality and made us feel very welcome. He suggested the octopus plate as a starter and it was delicious!! He suggested a fish dinner platter for 2 and it was out of this world. It consisted of several types of fish of which one was better than the next!! My friend had the calamari and he seemed to really enjoy it. We enjoyed every single item that was brought to the table! Our waiter paired the dinner with an excellent white wine. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and made excellent recommendations. HIs name escapes me at the moment, but anyone would be lucky to have him wait on them. I hope he is still there next summer when I go back.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you are in Klagenfurt area it is a must visit place. Nice Maria Loretto Schloss surrounded by palm trees which grow right on the lake shore. It is a beautiful place to meet sunset in Alps and try gold forelle. I have always thought that sea fish is better until I've tried fish here :-)

1  Thank Tanya_Mae
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had the wienerschnitzel and the bbq plate when visiting Maria Loretto and were not all that impressed. The service was good and the view from the second floor ok, but not that much wow factor if you choose to sit outside. Maybe if we've had the fish we would have been happier but it's not worth the money you spend there if you order the meat.