“You got to stay in the Falkensteiner”

Falkensteiner Hotel & Asia Spa Leoben
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leoben
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I travel often to Leoben for business and this hotel is very conveniently situated close to the University which was the main reason for my first visit there. I have since travelled to Leoben and stayed there more than 5 times and every time I do enjoy my stay.

The plus is that for every room you book, you also get free access to the spa. I will discuss this later...

The staff is generally very helpful and also speak English which is a plus for the non german speaking crowd. Upon arrival you get shown to your room. Ask for the voucher which gives you access to the internet in your room. Otherwise you can also connect from the business lounge downstairs next to the bar. Wifi is free there.

The room are generally tidy and you will find all you need there. Some room are more tired than others and I have found that some of them could be refreshed a bit. The bed is comfortable, you have a large bathroom, a balcony and a desk where you can work at night if needed. Also in the room, you will find a bath robe and sleepers if you want to go to the spa.

The spa is itself very interesting. Being French and working with British people for many years, I have to say that the nudity is generally something we do try to keep to the minimum. Well if you go to the spa, and want to enjoy the outside heathed swimming pools and sauna but nudity is an issue with you, then avoid.

Breakfast in the morning is really good and full of everything.

Apart from the spa experience, the falkensteiner is definitely to be recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mexicofriend
Wolfgang T, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel & Asia Spa Leoben, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Guests,
On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for having chosen the Falkensteiner Leoben for your stay.
We all are delighted to hear that you did spend wonderful days here in our city and that you have been very pleased with the hotels facilities and the service provided by our team. Thank you.
We all are loooking forward to welcome you back to the Falkensteiner Leoben in the near future.
Thank you for staying with us and best regards from Leoben
Falkensteiner Leoben & team

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was working in Leoben, so I could not enjoy this excellent hotel & Spa. I was impressed with the structure of the hotel, beautifully decorated, the room was that made ​​me want to return and stay longer, because it was beautiful. The bed was very good, the bathroom was very nice and the view from the balcony, very beautiful. The breakfast served in the hotel was very varied and very good, actually very good quality. The sleep quality was spectacular, divine. Highly indicated.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for having chosen our Falkensteiner Leoben for your most recent stay here in Leoben. On behalf of the entire crew we would like to thank you for your kind and open words.
We all are delighted to hear that you have been very pleased with the services and facilities provided by the hotel and we all are looking forward to welcome you back in Leoben soon.
Best regards from Styria

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was the second time I stayed at this hotel. The room was very good and also toilet and shower - clean and tidy. I lived on the top floor in a room overlooking the park - although snow on the lawn, but I saw dogs who played there early in the morning. The breakfast was quite sufficient to be satisfied. They also had their own cook who fried eggs, omelets, bacon - very nice. What one can criticize is that there was quite a lot of smoke from this frying place, coming out where one took breakfast.
Positively is that you receive access to the Asia Spa when staying at the hotel. Just to put on the dressing gown and the slippers in the room, ride the elevator down to the basement and walk about 75 meters then came to the spa. There were many different types of sauna, swimming pools, and even those that were common to both naked men and women!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Wolfgang T, General Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel & Asia Spa Leoben, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Mr. Harald,
Thank you very much from all of us for having chosen again the Falkensteiner Leoben for your most recent stay here in our city.
We all had been very happy to welcome you back for the second time to our hotel and wer are delighted to read that also this time you had been very pleased with the services and facilities provided by the hotel team. Thank you for your kind and open words. much appreciated indeed.
We are already working on the smoke exhauster at the breakfast station, our facility management is aware of that defect.
Dear Mr. Harald, we all are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you and best regards from Leoben

Reviewed January 3, 2013

If I will take into consideration reviews what I read , maybe I do not want to make this trip.Fortunately I make this trip , and it was a nice trip.Hotel was in good condition, room have a good size and I find very clean.Excelent breakfast with a lot of choice.What I do not like it was that our room was not so warm because was situated on a corner.Excelent spa , with a lot of sauna choice and a good size relaxation area.Another small complain is that wifi is not free of charge.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for having chosen the Falkensteiner Leoben for your most recent stay here in Leoben.
We all are delighted to hear that you did spend wonderful days in our City and that you have been very pleased with the facilities and services provided by the hotel team. Thank you for your kind and open words, which are very much appreciated by all of us.
We all are looking forward to welcome you back to the Falkensteiner Leoben.
Best regards and "Glück Auf" from Styria.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

There are already some reviews earlier outlining how this so called 4 star hotel is far from that. I will therefore just quickly list what I found:
- Cigaret buts othe floor of the balcony.
- All kind of old, dry grass Andover stuff growing right in front of the glass door leading out to the emergency exit.
- Dust on TV, chrome fixtures in the bathroom.
- Quite some scratch marks and some cracks on walls, both in the room and in the public areas.
- Under the AC there were huge spots left from some water seeping out.
- On the carpet, the outlines of some old stain were still visible.
- At breakfast, at a little later hour, the fruit looked already quite old. So did the cheese, getting dry on the sides. Also the buffet is quite a walk away from the tables prepared for guests.

Nothing actually stuck as overly positive. I hope these reviews find their way to upper management of the Falkensteiner group. I will definitely send them as a letter.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank formosae84
Reviewed July 7, 2012

we wanted to check in at 14:00 only to be told our room isnt ready, we waited 30 min and were told again to wait, only when I asked for my money back did a miracle happen- we got a room, but NEVER again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank loveDubai2010
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Falksteiner gives this hotel their own 4 stars. In my view it's 3 stars at best.

1. AC does not work in front facing rooms due to all day sun all full glass walls.
2. Espresso machine in our room did not work.
3. Only 1 espresso cup, 1 coffee cup, and no spoon? No opportunity to drink the same drink at the same time in a double occupancy room?
4. Be aware if you have young children. All swimming is NUDE!
5. Not told, but parking needs validation by reception on exit, and is €6 a day.
6. Doors to spa and pool through tunnel are not always open; resulting in a traipse back thru underground tunnel to reception... Why not a phone on the wall?
7. Why no face cloths?
8. Only 1 very thin pillow each.
9. Be aware toe stubber of a toilet door!

Restaurant was GOOD, no complaints.
Breakfast was good, no complaints.
Spa treatment I had was good, no complaints.
WIFI is VERY strictly policed. Only in bar...don't bother anywhere else!
Check in time is also STRICTLY adhered to!
One suits all liquid on the wall for soap, conditioner and shampoo!
Amusing shower with all glass walls visible from the bedroom!

If in Leoben again I would stay here again; as its the only decent hotel in the town. But it is NOT 4 star service.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank J S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leoben
Hotel Kongress
Hotel-Restaurant Bruecklwirt
Almwellness Hotel Pierer
Almwellness Hotel Pierer
#1 of 1 in Fladnitz an der Teichalm

Been to Falkensteiner Hotel & Asia Spa Leoben? Share your experiences!