“Traditional, Delicious Austrian Fare”
Review of Braun de Praun - CLOSED

Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
London
“Traditional, Delicious Austrian Fare”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been here a few times as a close friend of mine lives in Graz. Each time the atmosphere has been warm and welcoming and you are treated like an old friend.

The menu is huge which sometimes concerns me as how can a restaurant possibly produce excellent quality dishes when there is such an array that people can choose from?! Somehow this place succeeds. The food is traditional, hearty Austrian fare and is extremely good value. I am a vegetarian so it's not always easy to eat a variety of dishes in Austria, as it's so good at producing meaty things, but Braun de Praun really does offer lovely choices for those who don't eat meat or fish. I have also been informed by friends and family that the non-veggy dishes are delicious.

It's a great place to go in the winter as inside is so cosy but it's fab in the summer as it has a lovely outside area at the rear where you can easily while away the evening drinking and eating to your hearts content.

I always recommend this restaurant to friends visiting Graz and I try to visit each time I go to see my friends.

1 Thank KC82London

Leeds, England
“EXCELLENT!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Came here with the boyfriend and one thing I have to say is that the food is absolutely DELICIOUS!! We are both incredibly picky when it comes to food (picky doesn't even describe us...) and there was so much excellent choice on the menu and then to top it off it tasted SOOO good!! We ended up going there a few times for food! The waiter... Alois, was absolutely wonderful!! Friendliest waiter I have ever met AND he could speak superb english!! Pure awesomeness!!! Definitely worth a visit :)

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Picky_English_Girl
London, England
“The kind of simple, hearty restaurant you're glad to find'”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We were told about this little sidestreet restaurant near the university area by someone who works nearby and eats there regularly. We were glad to have the tip. It's an unpretentious, simple, wooden-floored, wooden-panelled old pub with several small rooms - smoking rooms at the front, non-smoking at the back. There's a huge menu, but there's always a dish of the day (such as sausages and chips, or baked noodles with cheese) for 5 Euros which is an unbeatable price. Food is hearty, straightforward and served in generous portions. There's nothing chic about this place, but it's full of students and local workers, and all the better for it. It wasn't in our guidebook but we were very pleased to discover it, and we ate there several times during our stay in Graz.

Visited February 2012
Milan, Italy
“Place-to-forget but nice food”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I happened to go to this restaurant with my husband following all the reviews about it and I was kind of shocked when I entered in this place that it was like a mess! with chairs all around I thought it was a mistake because it couldn't be possible that such a place would have been so dirty and unconmfortable. Well, my husband convinced me to give it a try anyways and we stayed and ordered our meals. The table cloth had wine and cheese spots everywhere but when our dishes came I almost forgot everything bad about that place: the dinner has been gorgeous! My husband and I had a great culinary experience there even though we found the menu the longest list ever!!

• Visited August 2011
Linz, Austria
“There is no menu longer...”
Reviewed January 21, 2008

There is no menu longer than this… plan an hour to pick your dish… and then enjoy