“The best Indian food I've ever tasted”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #105 of 687 Restaurants in Graz
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Innere Stadt
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I've tried Indian in New York. Indian in Boston. Indian in Zagreb. Indian in Miami. And I was totally surprised to find Taj Mahal in Graz to be the best Indian restaurant I've ever visited. Sure, the decor is a little hokey. But the food makes up for it tenfold! We love the Chapati/Roti that they have waiting on the table for you. It's spicy but delicious! The Butter Chicken is the most amazing Indian dish I have ever had. I literally had goosebumps while eating it! Their Naan is the only thing that leaves me a little unfulfilled. Maybe I've just been lucky enough to have great Naan at other restaurants but the Naan here is pretty average. The service is great-- they even bring you a mango-flavored liqueur after dinner to help aid the digestion process. Just a heads up-- RESERVATIONS ARE NECESSARY. We've seen people get turned away without having them and I get the feeling that they fill up every night. Don't be disappointed, book ahead!

Meredith Cashman Ouellette
Jetting to the Wedding
www.jettingtothewedding.com

2  Thank mocashman

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Good Indian food and friendly service. The beef and pork variants are a bit of a surprise and might be a nod to local tastes. Otherwise it can compete with Indians in the UK or in bigger cities elsewhere. The choice on the menu are not enormous, but there is enough variety. The decor is fine, but nothing special and the place seems to be very popular thus reservations seem recommendable.

2  Thank Karabiber
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Call to book a table, as this is a small restaurant. We phoned to be told they were full, but then manged to fit all four of us in. Staff are happy and helpful, food was great.

2  Thank hadital
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I adore indian cusine and also the staff at Taj Mahal is very friendly,love their Daal soup,samosas,chicken Murgha Tikka,Punjabi salad and sdelicious Barfi.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 26, 2009

The fact that I first tried here indian food was great,..
Their chicken Murgha Tikka and Punjabi salad and safran rice with raisins was absoloutely delicious,...
Also the dessert Barfi was really tempting so I had to try it,...
The fact is that this is not a very cheap restaurant but definately good one.

1  Thank signorinamaya