“Lots of history”

Landeszeughaus
Ranked #6 of 178 things to do in Graz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Among the 21 departments and institutions of the Joanneum Universal Museum, founded as the Joanneum in 1811, the Armoury is in a class of its own. Attracting around 55,000 visitors annually, it is the Joanneum's most-visited institution without an exhibitions role. Moreover, as the largest historic armoury in the world, it is a living memorial to a chequered, conflict-ridden past, whose bogeymen and prejudices are still with us.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Worth a stop as you are walking through the city. Lots of information and if you are into guns and armour, this is the pace for you !

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first time to visit armoury museum. So I can't give great comparison.

The staff in down stairs was very friendly, even it was 30 minutes to closing time, she gave us apportunity to buy the ticket after she asked whether we are still in Graz for tomorrow or not.
On first floor, I amazed, there was so many defensive arms. On the next floor, I started bored.
There was no labels or information about anything.

Many staff was standing in many spot and some of them followed our steps. It was quit annoying for us to enjoy the visiting. One of them yelled at us at second floor when we take a picture with light. We was shocked! We did the same thing on first floor before and no one of the staff said we are not allow to take picture with light. (since inside was dark)
After yelled, he continued making a phone call with quit loud voice -__-

Not so beautiful memories to remember

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Landeszeughaus is amuse see when you are in Grazz. it takes around 30-60 minutes to walk through this unique collection of late medieval to early Renaissance weapons museum.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

For me the arsenal was a huge collection of weapons, which were interesting to look at, but there was not really much information about what was on display, nor were there any demonstrations or anything. It was however interesting to look at the different weapons, however depressing to think that they were ever used.

I would recommend a visit here, but I found that the endless floors of more and more weapons and armour yet no information just became tedious, and therefore I felt the entrance fee was a bit high.

1  Thank Nockie12
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Loved the feel of this place. It is cold and dark, just like it should be. Guided tours are required in winter.