“Great place!”

Cuisines: American, Austrian, International, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

I really love this place! I tried​ several items from their menu and I really liked all of them! They have nice drinks as well, alcoholic and non alcoholic, it's overall a pretty great place!

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed November 2, 2016

We went to Propeller on the recommendation of a friend and they did not disappoint. Good burger (we had the holy cow one - although I might've gotten the name wrong), great fries (spicy and sweet potato), very decent prices and friendly staff. The place itself looks great, I bet it is even better to visit in warmer months with that garden.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 26, 2016

You will find a lot of students in Propeller. It's located in the heart of the University district and offers a simple and nice atmosphere. Food is ok and prices definitely also. Nice area outside (beer garden) for the summer months. Service is average.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed September 25, 2016

I ate the pulled pork burger, can definitely recommend, as well as the sweet potato fries. The inner courtyard is great to sit when it's warmer.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I work nearby and was used to going to this place quite often. The food was nice and the service used to be good. I don't know what happened... I have had a few bad experiences in this place but I keep going because I work at KFU and when someone visits us we tend to go to this place. After going a few times you expect the staff to be nice to you since you are a frequent customer and this used to be like this in the past.
I went there to dine with my colleagues a month ago and arrived late. I saw a waitress and ordered a beer (nothing else because I was still looking at the menu but wanted a drink), she came after ten minutes and told me that her hands were full and could not take my order, and that I should not order anything if I see that the waiters are busy... I was speechless, this took me completely by surprise, I had ordered just a beer... She took my order and after 15 minutes I got the beer (I don't know where they went to get it) and 25-30 minutes after that my food. All went well (not contact with waiters) until the end when we wanted to pay. We asked for the bill 4 times. After 20 minutes we still hadn't payed. So someone else on our table raised his hand, snapped his fingers and requested the bill. The waiter approached us and told the person who had snapped his fingers how impolite what he had done was and that he should apologise to him for that. He did apologise, and told the waiter that we had asked for the bill already 4 times and all the waiters had said 'yes, in a moment'. To be honest, the service at this place is one of the worst in Graz. If you have the whole evening it is a very nice place to have dinner, especially outside. However, if you expect to be served within the first 20 minutes don't go (sometimes you can get lucky). More than once we've left because they have not taken our order after 30 minutes of being there (although this only has happened inside, never outside, in the garden). I'm writing this review because someone else asked why nobody had written a negative review about this place if everyone knows already how terrible the service is, so here it is. The food is pretty average, I would say that it's a bit pricy for what they have to offer. They used to have "Chilli con carne" which was good but I think they don't have it anymore on the menu... I give an 'poor' rating to this place because the food is not so terrible, although pretty average, and there's a garden, otherwise I would give a 'terrible' rating. It's worth going if the weather is nice and you can sit outside.

Date of visit: July 2016